Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I realized yesterday that the magazine wasn't secure, so I pushed it back in. It literally popped itself out several times. So I fiddled with it and found that I could the mag to release if I put a just pulled slightly downward or wiggled it back and forth. Both mags.

And when I rack the slide back to chamber a round, the mag releases. Not good.

I'm thinking that this might also have been part of the feeding issue I was having.

tman

"Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play?"

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Obviously the mag catch has been worn and seating. At some point, someone may have forced a mag in and sheared the catch? This is worth the trip back... small part, but let Miami sort it out

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cimarron said:
At some point, someone may have forced a mag in and sheared the catch?
I generally have a light touch. But I'm not the only one who fired it. I may not even have been the last...hmmm....I let my range officer try a mag after my qual was done.

tman

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
At the risk of making this thread sound like one that just went to the complaint file, here's a progress report on my MilPro's spring break vacation.

It UPS'd from northern MN (sent by the store I bought it from) on 18 April and was signed for on 24 April.

I called them just to make sure they had it. Customer Service told me to check back in a week because it usually takes that long to "log it in". No prob.

I checked back on 4 May and was told that it was logged in on the 2nd, and to expect 6-8 weeks turn around time starting from then. Not as fast as I'd like, but half of me is hoping that they're underpromising so that I'll be happy if it gets home a little sooner.

I expect that they will hear from me from time to time just to gently remind them they have my gun and I haven't forgotten.

Waiting sucks, but I understand that machinery breaks and needs to be repaired.

tman

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, I've been away from the forum for awhile. Here's the rest of the story...

I called Taurus weekly just to keep informed of the progress towards getting to the date that my gun was received. The Taurus people were all polite, and I never waited on hold more than a couple of minutes.

On July 2, I called and they told me it had been signed for at my dealer's the friday before.

I beat feet down there and picked up my baby. The service invoice says that they adjusted the "magazine release slot."

I put four mags through it just to make sure it works and had no probs. I'll be putting another box through it this weekend.

Anyway, other than the long wait to have it serviced, I can't fault Taurus customer service for much of anything..

Q's?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts