Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

So I sent my .380 tcp back to Taurus because my breakdown pin kept falling out. Just got it back today. New pin, but for some reason now the barrel is very loose when locked and when not locked the top end of the gun is loose. When I say loose I mean when you lightly pull up on it...the top end pulls away from the frame. It has about 1/8 inch in movement. Any ideas on what is wrong???

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
It doesn't appear to be on the slide rails.

Could that be possible? :confused:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just took mine apart and I cannot get it to do that. I left the guide rod and spring out and no drastic vertical movement. Cannot even assemble it if the slide is not on the rails.

Take it apart and reassemble it. Examine it while you have it apart. Otherwise I'd say back to Taurus.

·
Registered
36,026 Posts
Yep! I would definitely disassemble it and take a look see.
if you can't figure it out or if reassembly doesn't correct the problem put up some pictures of it disassmebled.
If it on the rails correctly i don't understand how you can have that much movement vertically?
does the barrel tip up when you pull the slide rearward?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually took back to the store to send back to Taurus. They were scratching their heads too. Will let you know what they find out!

·
Registered
36,026 Posts
Actually took back to the store to send back to Taurus. They were scratching their heads too. Will let you know what they find out!
OK! I had a brain :fart: and i wonder if the metal inner frame could have a pin missing or broken off and the entire frame assembly is pulling up out of the poly shell??
let us know, if Taurus lets you know what they found!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Very strange, please uPdate what you find out! My girl's TCP has always had a 1/16 gap betweent the polymer and the slide near front of gun, but nothing like you're talking about

·
Registered
10 Posts
The pin in mine kept coming out as well. It finally enlarged the right-side hole enough to destroy the frame and Taurus has decided to replace it. No idea when I'll get it but they've decided to replace it.

The slide on mine was tight to the frame though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts