Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Thanks for the link to the .380 tests. Looks like the 90gr. Corbon PP did well and some say it is least expensive of the good PP cartridges. Guess I'll try to save enough $ to buy some at the Gun show coming up Aug. 2-3 at the George R. Brown in Houston. My 1 gun/month limit has been whacked more than I can rationalize. I like the Golden Sabers too, and I guess the Fiocchi are pretty close on performance and price. I just bought 500 handloads for a c note to practice in my Bersa and LCP.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Sarge, I replied to your posting of this on the NAA site. A member there (olgrandpa) had posted something similar awhile back w/o going to the meat locker. His test photos also showed that the Golden Saber appeared to be the best SD round. But, as in this post and test, most rounds were definitely adequate and would make a BG leak at the very least. Based on olgrandpa's post, I've been carrying Golden Sabers in my NAA Guardian for SD. This pretty much cements it for me. Thanks again for posting that as I don't visit the K-T forum.

·
Super Moderator
35,466 Posts
Often maligned, the .380 is NOT something I wanna be shot with in any iteration. I worry more about penetration with it than I do .38 special or 9x19, but it will get the job done and I sometimes find myself carrying the little bugger.

Didn't read through it, yet. Doesn't CorBon use Hornady XTP bullets? I think I read that somewhere.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Cor-Bon uses Sierra bullets in their JHP line and Barnes copper in the DPX line.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
NativeTexan said:
Doesn't CorBon use Hornady XTP bullets? I think I read that somewhere.
They used to use some XTP bullets years back.

From what I know of the XTP's general performance I'd lean towards them for a 380. I know that they're my current load for my makarov.

Steelheart

1 - 6 of 6 Posts