Reactions: taurustoter

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
Interesting!

·
Registered
8,620 Posts
Beretta did it and they were great guns. Also originally sold under the Browning name as the BDA. Not to be confused with the SIG 220 which was also originally marketed in the US by Browning with the same name.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
What about the new Browning 1911-380 Black Label? I bet she'll be expensive.

·
Registered
8,620 Posts
In my area the Taurus is harder to find than the Beretta made version by a long shot.

I was looking for either but the little CZ demon got me to go for a CZ 82 in 9mm Mak instead. It is available in .380 as the 83 model. If I were going for a "high cap" .380 that would be my choice based on the pair of 82s we have.

·
Registered
10,779 Posts
The PT58 is the same size as the Beretta Model 84, and has the same capacity, 12 rounds. They are both a joy to shoot, especially for the recoil sensitive. Beretta also made a version that was a single stack (Model85), and a version that was a single-stack, with a tip-up barrel (Model86). Only the Model 84 is cataloged today, in the European catalogs.

None of these are "mini-guns". My Model 84 was an Indiana State Police issue. The Model 92 Beretta was the Duty gun, and the Model 84 was issued for off-duty carry.

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
A compact small 92 in .380

I would buy it now.
Yeah, I could go for some of that. Just as long as they made it about the size of a Beretta 85, or just a tad smaller. It still has to be shootable, that is one of the cool things about the PT92. It is big, but shoots great.

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
Open slide design for a small (possibly pocket) 380? Sounds like a bad idea. Lube in your pocket and lint on your gun.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I own and shoot the Taurus PT 58 in 380. It's the same size as the 92 Compact and fairly heavy for it's calibur. That being said, the PT 58 is a joy to shoot. View attachment 107227
Wow! That is it. Now my search is on. Did these have the taurus LT warranty?

Reactions: Cariwine
1 - 20 of 31 Posts