Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a dillon xl650/750 concersion kit for getting ready to start loading 38 super. now that i have received it i realized it is the same conbversion kit for 9mm which i already own so i listed it in the other for sale below

·
Registered
14,790 Posts
That doesn't make sense to me as the 9mm is a tapered case and the 38 super isn't. Also the 650/750's use standard die sets and there are 9mm die sets and 38 super die sets. Am I missing something here?

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That doesn't make sense to me as the 9mm is a tapered case and the 38 super isn't. Also the 650/750's use standard die sets and there are 9mm die sets and 38 super die sets. Am I missing something here?
Not dies its the conversion kit which has the shell plate, pins, powder drop tube and case feeder parts

·
Registered
36,283 Posts
Not dies its the conversion kit which has the shell plate, pins, powder drop tube and case feeder parts
that makes sense as basically all the dimensions would be identical pretty much except for the dies.
course the case length is different but that would not be a issue in the parts you list.
many people don't think about the added capacity of the 38 Super VS the 9 mm except in length when the no taper adds to this as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts