Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my first .38 Special (Taurus 85 SS with a 2.5" barrel) and had my heart set on carrying the .38 Special Speer Gold Dot 135gr Short Barrel ammo. But I can not find it in stock anywhere, does anyone have a source for this ammo???

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
29,845 Posts
"Google" it and you should be able to find a source.

I know you said you had your heart set on this round, but on the street all of today's premium JHP ammo works about the same.

Find one you shoot well in your particular M-85 (congrats by the way) and stick with it.

Just don't get caught up in the search for the magic bullet, it doesn't exist, if it did every law enforcement agency in the country would be using it and all the other ammo companies would be bankrupt.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"Google" it and you should be able to find a source.
I searched for two days and have already "Googled" it many times with no luck. So, I turn my weary head to Taurus Armed Forum once again for the save!!!

By chance does anyone have a "in stock" source for this ammo???

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
That cartridge seems to be out of stock at a lot of the online ammo sites. But you can get the 125gr. Gold Dot which has a higher velocity. It's a +P load like the 135gr.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to anyone who kicked this around, as I finally found it! I kept making phone calls and it was a bit of a car ride but a small gun shop had it in stock. I was not in search of any magic bullet nonsense, just my favorite one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts