Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Experienced this problem at the range after about 50 rds. The whole gun was kinda dirty from all the rounds, too.

Started experiencing misfires and trigger locking up. Then I noticed that the cylinder was locking in place because the sear (not sure if that's the name of the part, it's the piece that sticks out of the frame above the trigger that locks the cylinder in place) was stuck in the frame.

Anyway, I left the line and gave the gun a good wipe down. Starting experiencing similar problems towards the end of the next 50 rds.
Is this just a cleaning issue or do I need to have the sear (?) narrowed in order to engage the cylinder when dirty.

Thanks all for your input.

·
Registered
93 Posts
You have experienced Taurus' customer-performed Quality Control inspection. The gun is the problem, not the cleaning. My new Taurus had a self-sticking trigger too. It does seem that Taurus has outsourced it's QC work to it's customers.

·
Super Moderator
35,281 Posts
Sounds like the cylinder stop ( that piece that sticks out to lock the cylinder ) is sticky. Probably gummed up or otherwise needs a good internal cleaning. The side plate would have to come off for that. If you're unfamiliar with the internals of the gun, I'd suggest a smith check it out for you before you send it off. Probably just some crud in the works or something. Some smiths will ultrasonic clean the gun for not that much.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wanted to bring this back from the archives since I ran into this problem again and was hoping someone out there could provide a more detailed process to fix this problem.

Merry Christmas and a Happy, Blessed New Year to ALL!

·
Super Moderator
35,281 Posts
Is it clean?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts