Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking it would be a good partner to my Rossi 92. Do they shoot as good as they look?

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Yes, they do. Heritage basicaly buys their big bore handguns from Pietta in Italy. They are shipped to Heritage as kits and Heritage assembles them here in the United States, brands them as Heritage, and sells them in the U.S.

Don

·
Registered
14,798 Posts
If the Heritages are rebranded Piettas, they're fantastic SAAs. I don't have the small round of 357 mag, I went right to 45 colt. Then spent another year looking for a good lever in 45 colt and wife put her foot down and informed me that if I get a lever gun it must be a Henry. 2 weeks later I was signing for a Henry Big boy brass in 45 colt with the octagon barrel.
I say get the Heritage BB in 357 and start getting your leather for both.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I've had a 45 Colt for about 10 years now. It is a Pietta, one draw back for a purist is it has a transfer bar system.
Mine has the 7.5" barrel and beautiful deep bluing. It is sweet.

My Uberti's are true to the original SAA in that they have a fixed firing pin, and can only be safely carried with 5 beans in the wheel.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Heritage is still on the list but this years gun purchased went for a carry piece, a Ruger SP101. My R92 still needs a single action mate. Maybe next time.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
My Uberti's are true to the original SAA in that they have a fixed firing pin, and can only be safely carried with 5 beans in the wheel.
I don't see that as a benefit. What am I missing?

Reactions: whichfinger

·
Super Moderator
36,040 Posts
The Heritage is still on the list but this years gun purchased went for a carry piece, a Ruger SP101. My R92 still needs a single action mate. Maybe next time.
Now that I have the M92 on the way...I am also thinking of a SAA wheelgun in matching 357. It's a disease I tells ya...not an addiction...a DISEASE!

For the purist. The frontiersmen didn't have no STEENKIN' transfer bar...:D

·
Administrator
35,289 Posts
Now that I have the M92 on the way...I am also thinking of a SAA wheelgun in matching 357. It's a disease I tells ya...not an addiction...a DISEASE!

For the purist. The frontiersmen didn't have no STEENKIN' transfer bar...:D
Yeah, but our ancestors didn't have a bad habit of suing the gun maker when they dropped a gun and it discharged, either. :D :D

·
Super Moderator
35,077 Posts
I love the Pietta cap and ball '58 Remington I bought from Cabelas some years ago. It's quite accurate either with the cap and ball cylinders (I have 3 for it) or with the .45ACP conversion cylinder. But, in .357, I do have two Blackhawks. May not be authentic cowboy, but they're better revolvers and authentic doesn't matter to me as I don't play childhood games with real guns. I've thought about it, but I just cannot get into then CAS thing. :D I do my own thing in my back yard. I've competed enough in my life what with IDPA, IHMSA, club shoots, and racing motorcycles. I'd rather just walk out in the back yard and fire at will...:D

Sorry, Will.

Reactions: Stroker and AZM66

·
Super Moderator
35,077 Posts
As I mentioned above, I own Blackhawks and I have owned Colt style guns, mostly in .22 like my Heritage RR. I really prefer the Rugers since I can load 'em with 6 and not worry about Glocking myself. :D

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
That's what happened to me. I bought a .454 Raging Bull and then I had to have a .454 lever action. I bought a Rossi 92 .454. I'm on the hunt for a 4" blued Raging Bull .454

·
Registered
5,273 Posts
I have an Uberti Cattleman, Ruger SP100 and a Colt Lawman III all in .357. Love the guns, love the round - in moderation.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I have often dreamed about combo rifle to go with my revolvers. Just can’t pull the trigger though. 41 mag/357 mag are on my bucket lists, but other priorities and all that...

·
Registered
521 Posts
Love the grips on the 66! I have always used the factory grips. I struggle replacing them due to the slim profile. They just hide away so easily. Worried if I switch out, I’ll ruin my concealability.

·
Administrator
35,289 Posts
Love the grips on the 66! I have always used the factory grips. I struggle replacing them due to the slim profile. They just hide away so easily. Worried if I switch out, I’ll ruin my concealability.
Well, I won't say that they're quite as narrow as the black rubber grips, but they're really not all that much wider. I can still use a speedloader, but I've pretty much converted to speed strips anyway. I really love a good set of wood grips on a revolver, to me it just sets it off.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
357 Magnum, you ask? That is the sweet spot of handguning. Load it down with mid-range wadcutter 38 Specials for target or load it up to 1400fps with a 130gr truncated conical for real shootin'. Most fun is a 158gr Keith-type SWC at maximum . . . oomph ! in a Ruger Blackhawk.

Every manufacturer (just about) makes a great 357.

Reactions: Czechbikr

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
This is the heritage sub forum with a question about Heritage big bore handguns but somehow it has been hijacked into an all brand 357 magnum thread.

If you do not own a heritage big bore or have direct experience with one maybe we can discuss your guns in another sub forum more suited for the guns you do own.

Don

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Don't the Heritage big bore have transfer bars?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts