Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My love affair with the little Rossi 38 Spl snub nose continues! I have both standard and +P loads of Lil' Gun established but I wanted to work up some alternative loads in order to use up some of the other powders I have sitting on the shelf. After a little trial, H4227 showed great promise so I went to work with it using my TL358-125-RF and it ended up working out very well.

Working up in increments to 15.5 grains for a standard 38 Spl load, I'm very pleased with the results! With my conceal carry handguns I always start shooting at 3 yards then 5 and then 7, not moving forward until I can shoot ragged holes.

I'm getting this accuracy with the 15.5-grain load with the 125-grain bullet averaging 924 FPS. Not bad for a little 2" barrelled revolver. As of late working with the speedloaders for tactical and emergency reloads. I think I'm good to go for self defense carry. The 351's function has been 100%.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Yup, I been working on some new loads so I can keep shooting too. The shelves around here are void of the old standbys Bullseye, Unique and 2400, so got to use what you can find. Here is one that works real well in my Rossi R97206; .38 Special cases cleaned and matched to manufacture, Winchester small rifle primers, 4.6 grains Alliant Herco and a hard cast 158 grain SWC sized to .358. One ragged hole at 30 feet.

Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Gun accessory

·
Administrator
35,700 Posts
Nice.....I may have to grab one of these.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
IMR 700x is a great .38 powder. I use just under 4grn under. 125grn LRN. Cheap poppers.

Reactions: gbusmech
1 - 6 of 6 Posts