Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I’m a sucker for other AR calibers than 556/223 (some may argue I’m just a sucker, but I digress). Since I traded into 2 stripped lowers and a full lower I figure I need to buy some uppers. I’m definitely getting a 9mm, ok maybe a 45, but am thinking about getting the “new hotness” 350 legend. Thoughts?

Already have:
6.8 spc
300 blk carbine
300 blk pistol
6.5 Grendel
458 Socom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: silverstring

·
Registered
15,149 Posts
Surprised you're not wildcatting yet.

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Surprised you're not wildcatting yet.
Yeah well I don’t reload. 458 is going to force me to reload

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Reactions: Yissnakk

·
Super Moderator
21,720 Posts

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Please summarize it for me

Long story short, they are using questionable advertising at best in their comparisons to other calibers and appear to pick and choose which ballistics and cartridges they choose to compare it to. The 350 legend appears to be average in most everything and not horribly exceptional at any one thing. It seems to be much more of a niche cartridge at best, and a solution looking for a problem at worst. I was intrigued at first as well, but after researching, I determined that I will at least wait a bit for some real reviews before giving it any thoughts at all.

Reactions: Texheim

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Yeah well I don’t reload. 458 is going to force me to reload

Yeah, those cartridges are expensive and you can reload a bunch more for the price than you could buy. But if you do start reloading, you may want to look at 300 BLK right after that - cuts the cost in half. (Same with Grendel, btw)

·
Registered
210 Posts
Long story short, they are using questionable advertising at best in their comparisons to other calibers and appear to pick and choose which ballistics and cartridges they choose to compare it to. The 350 legend appears to be average in most everything and not horribly exceptional at any one thing. It seems to be much more of a niche cartridge at best, and a solution looking for a problem at worst. I was intrigued at first as well, but after researching, I determined that I will at least wait a bit for some real reviews before giving it any thoughts at all.
You would think he hasn't been working in the firearm writing world for decades. That it the job of the marketing department- tell the pros of your product while skipping the cons. It is his job as a reviewer to give us the honest stats across the board.

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
You would think he hasn't been working in the firearm writing world for decades. That it the job of the marketing department- tell the pros of your product while skipping the cons. It is his job as a reviewer to give us the honest stats across the board.
While true, if your pro's are conned, that's not really a pro, now is it? ;)

A quote from the article that really sums it up for me:

It is a very specialized number intended primarily to give AR-15 (MSR) hunters a new, straight case option in four midwestern states with truly arcane deer cartridge requirements. This, naturally, required some design compromises to be made. The .350 Legend's valid and strongest selling point is its low recoil, which might make it a good choice for very recoil sensitive woods and brush country deer hunters everywhere.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts