Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is a follow up to a thread started by Sunset_VA. In that post he noted that his M327 Federal boxes were mislabeled and I said I'd see what was on my M327 box and post back but it took longer than I thought so I started a new thread. Here is a link to the original thread...

http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/taurus-revolvers/91199-327-remington.html

My box was labeled 327 Ruger, and to be honest, I can't remember if I noticed it at the time (I purchased it a few years ago). A second note, aside from the incorrect caliber, is the fact that I knew it was a 3 inch unported model but the box (and Taurus website state 2 inch). The production date is 2008 (s/b one of the very early versions). Here are a couple of pics...

Attachments

·
Registered
213 Posts
Cooper, ain't that interesting? Seems Taurus was making some M327's with identity problems!

You have a sharp looking revolver.

CDNN had some 3" ported model M327's when I purchased my 2" model from them last year, the other 2" model stainless purchased from Bud's Guns, I probably would have ordered a 3" if it wasn't ported, instead ordered a 3" Stainless M85, that didn't balance right in my hand.

Then too I remember Bud's had some 2.5" stainless M85's, they didn't last long , went fast.

Thanks for following up, wondering if others have any 327 Winchesters?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Didn't notice when I purchased in January but just checked my box. It is also marked "327 REM 6-SHOT". Well, they got the gun right though.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Bet dollars to donuts they thought that since Ruger and Federal were working on cartridge development, they thought it'd be named
327 Ruger. You know, like .204 Ruger.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts