Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Picked up my new Taurus .327 magnum 2" two tone revolver back just before Christmas. I just received my latest order of ammo today, which included the .327 mag ammo.
Tomorrow I will head down and give her a try. I have no idea what to expect. Maybe like a 38Spl with a little kick....I have no idea, but can't wait to find out.

Photos added, just click the pic to make it large,

P1050006.jpg

P1050005.jpg

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Yes pics are required!! LOL

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
In fact...:nopics:

·
Registered
512 Posts
I can just about assure you the full-blown 327 FEDMAG (115-grain) will feel closer to a 357 than it will a 38-special in that gun. The H&R MAG will feel closer to a 38-special and the 85-grain reduced recoil FEDMAG may surprise you as well.

ENJOY!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Make sure to bring some oil and a cleaning rag. It is not unusual (may not happen) to experience some binding at the breach face due to super tight tolerances before it's broken in. Hopefully not. Pics will be greatly appreciated ;)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yeah would like to hear how it goes myself. Right now the little .327 's are dirt cheap, but ammo is a little scarce. Actually haven't seen any at the local stores around me.

·
Registered
14,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
OK, Photo update before heading out to fire it at the ranch. I installed the Hogue grips for a little larger mass of a grip. I believe I gave around $13 delivered for these grips and they have already found their way to be installed on 4 different Taurus pistols I have to date. But, I believe they will be finding a final resting place here on the .327mag.

Click on the photos and watch them grow!!

P1050006.jpg

P1050005.jpg

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
I have used a 327B2 for about 6 months. Hot hand loads almost exclusively, the recoil is 38+P+ level, the muzzle blast is full house 357 level. I'm in love!!!!!!

·
Registered
14,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When I first began looking at this pistol month ago, ammo was in short supply. Then all of a sudden there was plenty of it available on line and at decent prices. Now that I purchased one, the ammo seems to be drying up and in shorter supply and going up in price (story of my life). However, I guess this should have been forseen since there are so many bargain prices being offered on the .327 mag pistols over the holidays. Looks like right now ammo is running .50 per round for non personal protection load.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Congrat's on the little hand cannon Sir, will be looking forward to a range report....Have fun

·
Registered
9,171 Posts
Sounds like you're itching to have a blast, but like a few others have said already..... Where are the pictures already?

·
Registered
14,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Results:
Little gun makes Big Boom.
Didn't deliver the recoil or kick that I had expected, this maybe a result of the short barrel. The feel maybe much more pronounced is a longer length barrel. As it is, it is a little more than a 38spl, but not by much. Easy to resight your target.

As a carry weapon it is a great size being it is your basic small revolver frame. In the waist band, out of the waist band, front pocket or rear it will fit just about any place you want to carry it. It is a 6 round gun, allowing for 20% more ammo than your standard M85 38spl revolver (yes, I know a few different models will also hold 6 rounds).

Keep in mind that history and studies show that the need to use your CCW will be at a close range to your perceived threat. So there are a few different ways to look upon this little loud cannon. Does it have a place to fit as a CCW...well yeah, as long as you don't mind paying the extra high price for the ammo. Keeping in mind that you will most likely never own more than one .327 mag pistol at a time. So there would be no reason to stock up on this size....unless you are concerned that the day may come when this ammo becomes obsolete.

Over all you maybe better off to pay more up front and purchase a .357mag, then pay less for the ammo over the years. Or stay in the same price range as the .327mag revolver, but purchase a M85 38spl and purchase the proper ammo to meet what you intend to use it for....IE target or Personal Protection. I don't know that I would pay the extra for a +P round in a 2" barrel since the extra power is robbed by the short barrel. So along this train of though, the .327 round is smaller than the 38spl, but delivered with more speed/power/force, so I can see where this would penetrate deeper into a human body. But would it be better at a close range to have a larger diameter bullet penetrate the target more shallow with out worries of a through shot and causing collateral damage. This is a discussion I will someone with more knowledge answer.
Happy Shooting, and be carefull out there!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts