Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has Taurus stopped making revolvers chambered for the .327 Federal?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Guess I'll have to gun show it then. Does anyone know if there were problems with them or was it just not popular enough to keep producing them?

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
I'm sorry, but I haven't heard that the M327 is out of production. There are plenty available at my LGS and they are going for slightly more than the M85.

·
Registered
14,039 Posts
I don't know if Taurus is still making them or not. I do know there are some bargains to be had on the .327mag pistols. Problem with the .327 mag is is just never really caught on. It filled a nitch that didn't exist. Offers the power of a .357mag for more money than .357mag ammunition cost. Not supposted to have the kick of a .357mag, but if there is a difference it is very little. It will however fire the .32 ammo including the mag rounds, so there is a little fexability when it comes to ammo purchases.
All that being said, I have the duo tone 2" .327 and love shooting it. One of the best bang for the $250 it cost.

·
Registered
239 Posts
They discontinused them said they weren't selling ,i told the guy @ CS they should not have dropped 'em , they are selling at discount close out prices ~~RR~~

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are they selling online at a decent discount? If so, where? All my LGSs look at me like I'm craxy when I ask about them. My wife is interested in one for home defense. She goes from 5 to 6 rounds with the same ballistics. I reload so ammo shouldn't be too mush of a problem in the future. If I had to, I could go with the SP101 in the .327.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Are they selling online at a decent discount? If so, where? All my LGSs look at me like I'm craxy when I ask about them. My wife is interested in one for home defense. She goes from 5 to 6 rounds with the same ballistics. I reload so ammo shouldn't be too mush of a problem in the future. If I had to, I could go with the SP101 in the .327.
~~~CDNN had 'en at good prices ,but Buds Gun had cheaper with the free shipping, my 2" SS with ins and 3% CC fee was $269 and change~~~JMJ~~

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks RimFireRat. I'll check them out.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I have a 3 inch barrel version M327. No problems at all but it is not ported and recoil with the .327's was really snappy (tailoring your own rounds would eliminate that, or .32 mags etc.). The SP101 is nice looking, I fondled one at my LGS. Some .327's are still showing up on the auction sites but I don't think Taurus currently has them in production.

Coop

·
Registered
213 Posts
Curious how you found a 3" model 327/Taurus without the porting, all that length I have seen had the ports..

Rugers are just much heavier than the Taurus...

You think your source would have any more unported 327 3" Taurus?

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Sunset I found it before the M327s really came out. It may have been a prototype or an early release. I did a write up on it in here somewhere but I can't find it because it can't figure out the "Search" function with this new format. Here is a pic, hopefully you can see the lack of porting (not the greatest angle) also it came with those strange (for Taurus) grips:

Attachments

·
Registered
213 Posts
Cooper, thanks for replying and posting a photo of your pistol. I have that same model, only in 38 Spl., I think its a well made and nicely finished pistol. I like the Matte bead blast finish,, and the trigger on mine is excellent ,very smooth.

I just wish I could have found that same gun , I only saw ported 3" models (327 mag) when I was shopping,and what little experience I have had with ported revolvers steered me away from purchasing one.

Would gladly swap you my 38spl for yours...LOL.....

I went with the "retro" look, found some early wood Taurus grips, and a BK Grip adapter....just right......

Attachments

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Seems like everyone is trying to dump them too. CDNN & Bud's has them on sale. It's a shame, because the caliber has great potential. But maybe others are like me -- I considered a .327, but finally went with my 405 .40.

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
Could be Taurus is cutting M327 production under the new CEO's plan to cut the number of Taurus models in half. Since I hear we may be seeing a new .327 mag revolver built on the Ruger Bearcat, it sounds a little like the caliber is gaining momentum. If I were trying to decide between a M85 and M327, right now I would go with the M327. There is just much more versatility in the .327 mag line. You can run full house magnum loads that rival the .357, or scale back to lighter, low recoil loads that still pack a punch greater than the .38 Special with a hot .32 H&R mag, or even lighter recoil with any of the .32 straight walled cartridges. That .327 Mag is just more of a revolver suited to the wife, than either the .38 Special or .357 mag.

And before anyone goes off on a .38 Special ammo is so much cheaper rant, reloading a straight walled revolver cartridge is about as easy as it gets and once you get brass, it is much cheaper than the .38 Special/.357 mag.

Reactions: jakerson9

·
Registered
233 Posts
I just bought 2 of them from CDNN. (One 3" ported, one 2")
If they ONLY shot 327 Federal Magnum ammo, I wouldnt have done it.
Their versatility is what made the difference to me.
Even if Federal and Speer stop making the brass, I should be fine. (Hey GreenWolf70, thanks for the info on the reloading!)

·
Registered
213 Posts
Well, I don't have a gold mine yet, but am going to try to get a 327 soon, kinda regret getting the M85, if push comes to shove, and Taurus aren't available, will shuck out some extra money for a Ruger SP101.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts