Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D I just recieved the April edition of American Rifleman and there is a nice write up on the Ruger SP-101 in .327 Federal Mag. The article also mentioned that Taurus had shown the authors pre-production models guns in this cal. Unfortunately, though it made no mention that I saw of what these models may be. I'll give the article a better read later, but it compares the .38 Special +P rather than the .357. I liked this approach because if Taurus would make a 2"-3" compact version of this cartridge for ccw, I think it would fill the gap between the snubbie .38 and the .357 mag for those of us that still like to ccw a revolver. I'd rather have 6 of these in a revolver than 5 .38's or 7-8 .380's or 9mm, especially if it was lighter than the SP. Maybe along the lines of the Taurus Protector. Just me, though. Hopefully there will be some choice of ammo before long.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hopefully brass and bullets will be available soon as well. Love the SP101. I have a 3-inch in 9mm, I will buy the .327 Federal, adjustable sight is a big plus.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
It's available already? Taurus' .327 Federal Magnum revolver is available exclusively from Ellett Brothers. Thats the caption under the gun.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
I'd like to see Taurus offer the .327 Magnum chambering in the Tracker series as well. I'd scoop up an 8 or 10 shot .327 Tracker with a 6" or 6.5 inch barrel in a heartbeat. :D

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the link, Steelheart. I like the looks of this, but from the ballistics I've read, I would like a 3" barrel for ccw. But like the .357, I think the .327 should still out do the .38 special +P even in a 2" tube. I like Taurus 9mm's idea of a Tracker, maybe in a 4" up to 6" barrel. I could carry it in the shoulder rig for my .357 Tracker.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts