Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve got a Ruger SP101 in 327 Magnum. For those of you out there who have the 327 Fed Mag/32 H&R Mag, are you satisfied with the rifle? Any problem with its handling of 32 Magnum?

i know with my Henry 357/38 it shoots 357 (of all sizes) well. They do recommend use of minimum of 158 gr if shooting 38 SPCL.

·
Registered
36,291 Posts
I would like to see Ruger introdcue a rilfe in this cartridge of the size of the 10/22 --or Ruger 44 carbine of years past.
I think it would be a great lil weapon.

Reactions: daytonaredeye

·
Registered
24,596 Posts
Doesn't Henry make one?

·
Registered
231 Posts
I am looking at my Henry catalog right now and they make a couple different lever guns in .327 Fed. The Big Boy series in both Brass and Steel.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
35,066 Posts
Many years ago, I addressed the handgun/rifle ammo compatibility thing with my favorite handgun caliber, a .357 magnum Rossi carbine. I see no reason to down size to a .32. I don't think it'd work on the game I need the carbine for. Hogs take a lot of killin'. What ever a .32 could do, the .357 can do better IMHO. But, to each their own. If there's a market, they will come....or something like that. :laugh:

Henry has a good rep for lever guns. The Rossi is the only lever gun I have out of somewhere north of 25 long guns. Never been a big fan of lever guns, but this Rossi paired with one of my Blackhawks is pretty cool, I'll have to admit. Generally, a bolt gun is more accurate, though, but not every application needs sub MOA accuracy.

·
Super Moderator
35,066 Posts
I would like to see Ruger introdcue a rilfe in this cartridge of the size of the 10/22 --or Ruger 44 carbine of years past.
I think it would be a great little weapon.

That would be interesting. I remember there used to be a company that built/modified an M1 Carbine for .357 magnum. I'm sure it could be done with .327, but I think that company is no longer around.

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Super Moderator
40,495 Posts
I have the Henry Big Boy Brass in .327 Fed Mag. I love it. I don't have any .32 H&R ammo so I have not tried it in the gun. I keep forgetting to take .32 Longs to try in it.

Reactions: daytonaredeye

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
That would be interesting. I remember there used to be a company that built/modified an M1 Carbine for .357 magnum. I'm sure it could be done with .327, but I think that company is no longer around.
LaMag used to convert GI M1 carbine to .45 Win Mag, too.

There was even a .17 wildcat based on the .30 Carbine round at one time.

Reactions: NativeTexan
1 - 8 of 8 Posts