Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
32,533 Posts
Very interesting and informative. Thanks for posting this. I enjoyed the video thoroughly. I already knew a lot that, but it is good to see the info put out there.

The 32s are versatile, user friendly (up tp a point), and potent (yes, the lower powered 2 rounds don't count.).

I like the 32 cartridges. He hit the nail on the head.

In the personal shooting battery are 2 Rugers. One is a GP-100 and one is the 3" barreled SP-101. The other gun is a Taurus 327 snub revolver.

.32 Longs and the H&R magnums get used the most followed by the rip roaring magnums coming in second place.

·
Super Moderator
19,748 Posts
I agree with above. I’ve got a 4.2” bbl SP101 in 327 FM. I will add that you can usually shoot 32 ACP in a 327 chambered gun as the 32 ACP is a semi rimmed cartridge. Five different 32 caliber rounds out of 1 Gun is a pinnacle of versatility in the gun world.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I enjoyed the video, thanks for posting it. I have never had a .32 pistol and the only things keeping me from it are the two drawbacks mentioned, lack of support and availability. And those Ruger .327s ain't cheap! And the Charters are either Undercoverettes are anodized lavender or pink! I ain't carrying a pink pistol or anything named -ette! lol

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
GREAT video!!! I, too, am a lover of the 32 family!! Sure do wish there were more out there. With the increase in the number of women interested in self defense, perhaps the manufactures will reassess the market and give us more options. I would love a 3" barreled Ruger LCRX in 327.... The Taurus and Smith snubbie 32s are too rare (and precious to me) to be abused for edc.

Again, the video was very well done and I appreciate you sharing it with us!

·
Super Moderator
40,514 Posts
Love the .32 Caliber family. I have many .32 Caliber revolvers and love shooting them.

·
Registered
5,512 Posts
I never new about the Ruger single 7. The stainless is around $550 on GB so I may be in the market. I don't need another caliber but I love the versatility of the 32 caliber revolver.

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
I picked up a .327 Fed Mag Ruger Bisley Single Seven with the 5.5" barrel for $300 a couple of years ago. I passed on both .45 and 9mm Convertibles for that Bisley Single Seven for about the same price. These were factory reconditioned show demos.

I would like to see a .327 Fed Mag snubby with the hammer, but the ideal carry loads are H&R magnums handloaded with 155 grain bullets pushing just over 1,000 fps. Too much concussion, flash and noise with a full house .327 out of a snubby. SAMMI max pressure on the H&R Magnum is an anemic 21,000 psi, but shooting it out of a .327 Mag handgun lets you push it to a comfortable 23,000 - 30,000 psi that will give you all you want out of a .32.

Those Henry lever guns in .327 Fed Mag are great little deer rifles pushing the .327 Fed Mag to its SAMMI max pressure of 45,000 psi. I have been talking to a company about a 11" .327 Fed Mag insert for my 20 gauge single shot Backpacker and they are telling me early next year they will have it. I have settled on 11" because it leaves 6.5" of barrel to act as a flash hider, while still being long enough to milk a lot of velocity out of this round. And you can drop to .32 Long or .32 H&R Mag for small game hunting.

·
Registered
5,512 Posts
I picked up a .327 Fed Mag Ruger Bisley Single Seven with the 5.5" barrel for $300 a couple of years ago. I passed on both .45 and 9mm Convertibles for that Bisley Single Seven for about the same price. These were factory reconditioned show demos.

I would like to see a .327 Fed Mag snubby with the hammer, but the ideal carry loads are H&R magnums handloaded with 155 grain bullets pushing just over 1,000 fps. Too much concussion, flash and noise with a full house .327 out of a snubby. SAMMI max pressure on the H&R Magnum is an anemic 21,000 psi, but shooting it out of a .327 Mag handgun lets you push it to a comfortable 23,000 - 30,000 psi that will give you all you want out of a .32.

Those Henry lever guns in .327 Fed Mag are great little deer rifles pushing the .327 Fed Mag to its SAMMI max pressure of 45,000 psi. I have been talking to a company about a 11" .327 Fed Mag insert for my 20 gauge single shot Backpacker and they are telling me early next year they will have it. I have settled on 11" because it leaves 6.5" of barrel to act as a flash hider, while still being long enough to milk a lot of velocity out of this round. And you can drop to .32 Long or .32 H&R Mag for small game hunting.
I just found a Ruger Lcrx with a hammer on GB for $399.

·
Super Moderator
40,514 Posts
I never new about the Ruger single 7. The stainless is around $550 on GB so I may be in the market. I don't need another caliber but I love the versatility of the 32 caliber revolver.
Similar to the Ruger Single 7 is the Ruger New BlackHawk that came out in 2010 and I believe was shortly later discontinued. I picked up one is .327 Fed mag. Single Action 8 rounds. Great shooting gun.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...-NMBHawk.pdf&usg=AOvVaw1Xzb4lzk1B259Y6OEO7kWE

·
Super Moderator
40,514 Posts

Years ago I picked up the Taurus M327 snubbie with a hammer. Nice little revolver packs a nice punch.

I also picked up one of the Henry .327 Fed Mags, again a great shooter and fun to take to the range. I agree it would make a nice deer rifle as well.

·
Registered
36,332 Posts
I agree!
Since I obtained this lil power house I never carry anything else, the old CZ P-01 sits in the safe collecting dust!
5 rounds of pure shock and awe!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
19,748 Posts

Keeping in mind that the 327 is still a young cartridge (introduced as joint effort by Ruger and Federal in 2007) it didn’t maintain its awe for long. Taurus and S&W both released 327 revolvers early on but have since discontinued. My dad, a self professed Ruger fanatic, bought one of the first generation of 2[SUB][/SUB].5“ barreled SP101s in 327. He also has a Single 7 in the caliber. Oh, and to your point, I keep mine loaded with 32 H&R Mag because it is indoors and if ever needed, don’t need to deal with loud concussion and muzzle flash in the dark.

·
Registered
36,332 Posts
Lemon Squeezer!
COOL!
oh yea and its a joy to shoot with that thin little steel squeezer in the middle of your palm, this thing is an adventure to shoot with the long heavy trigger pull, the hammerless design (double action only) and the huge front sight with a groove rear sight and then of course the lemon squeeze grip safety with them lil bitty broom stick grips. and of course that super duper powerful 32 S & W (not long) cartridge!---LOL

·
32,533 Posts
Hey. Were yous expectin the Looooooooonnnnnnggggg velocity to be so high that if the bullet missed a groundhog, the bullet passing over the burrow (no, not burro) would suck that critter back out of his hole? :):rolleyes:

Longs are mild and fun to shoot. It's too early in the morning to be serious.

·
Super Moderator
35,081 Posts
I agree with above. I’ve got a 4.2” bbl SP101 in 327 FM. I will add that you can usually shoot 32 ACP in a 327 chambered gun as the 32 ACP is a semi rimmed cartridge. Five different 32 caliber rounds out of 1 Gun is a pinnacle of versatility in the gun world.
Well, maybe so, but personally I'd rather just have the two options of .38 special and .357 magnum. I can load .38 down to near .22 with Bullseye and a 105 grain cast SWC. Yet, I've stopped charging hogs with a .357 magnum loaded to near 800 ft lbs with a 165 grain SWC.

·
Super Moderator
35,081 Posts
Years ago I picked up the Taurus M327 snubbie with a hammer. Nice little revolver packs a nice punch.

I also picked up one of the Henry .327 Fed Mags, again a great shooter and fun to take to the range. I agree it would make a nice deer rifle as well.
Well, I suppose it'd work on those little Key deer that are about the size of a young Texas jackrabbit. :rofl: I'd STILL prefer my .38/.357 Rossi 20" carbine.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts