Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone point out a source for this part for my 2" barrel pistol? Taurus says there isn't one available through them. Would another model hammer fit?

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
A gunsmith could possibly modify your existing one if that's what you meant.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rex and Free, Thanks for your responses. I did have a local gunsmith file the hammers tang(?) down to reduce the snag possibilities but it isn't very pretty. I haven't checked the parts suppliers like Brownells because of Taurus response to my question. I have seen a small S/W .32 magnum revolver with this hammer style some years ago and liked it. The only complaint I have with this gun was that it was a 5 shot cylinder. My Taurus has a 6 shot cylinder. I guess the other Taurus revolvers that had these hammers won't interchange because no one has offered feedback on this avenue.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes Fred, I had the spur bobbed but the appearance is not as aesthetically pleasing as the S/W hammers. The gunsmith I used is an older person and I didn't want to insult his work. I just ate the little bit that he wanted for the job. I think I will keep an eye out for the S/W pistol and adapt to the one less bullet capacity.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts