Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No misfeeds, but the slide did not lock open on probably one of ten empty mags.

Anyway, the guy shooting next to me was a grizzled ex-marine I often chat with at the rage. This guy shoots sub 4" 25M groups all the live-long day with his .45, one handed. I made sure I wound up in the lane next to him so I could get some pointers. He noticed my new purchase and of course I let him shoot it. He gave it a thorough going over before firing it, then placed 8 rounds in a 4.5" group at 25M. He of course asked what I paid since he had seen it in magazines, I told him $500 and he said it's one of the best out of the box .45s he's ever shot.

I can manage a 6" group at 15m with it, but im not very experienced with .45s so hopefully I can improve!

n

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Keep shooting those kind of round count and you will get there!

I found that I enjoyed it more and got better by shooting "combat style"... No, not the duck and shoot... don't have a range available to do that, but shooting combat style targets... shooting for the 10x zone... and shooting quickly... doubles or tripples... trying to get the bullets in the CENTER MASS as quickly as possible.

It has given me more confidence in controlling the gun even if I'm shooting slow aimed fire and allows me to put more of them into a smaller group. I've taken the full silhouette target and reduced it to a 11x17... which is about 30% smaller... so if it can put my rounds in the smaller 10x ring makes shooting a regular target "no big deal!"

·
Registered
276 Posts
NOok said:
No misfeeds, but the slide did not lock open on probably one of ten empty mags.
I had that issue with every other mag, when I first got my PT1911. I switched out the mags to the Wislon 47D and the problem went away.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts