·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: FZ1

·
Registered
373 Posts
I like it. Signed my youngest sister up for a year. She told me best birthday gift I ever gave her.

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
The wife got a free membership with buying her Taurus.. As for lifetime membership for $300.00 that is great for a young person. At my age it would be a waste.. Besides $300.00 might as well be $1000000000000 In this economy..

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Bought one for my Son-In-Law last night./ Ends 2-28-13

·
Super Moderator
20,085 Posts
Glad to see the membership taking advantage of this. Not sure how old "too old for my age" is but this looks like a helluva bargain. Can never have too many NRA members . . .

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
When this offer first came out I upgraded my LIFE to ENDOWMENT, and my shooting buddy upgraded from his free Taurus year to LIFE.

·
Super Moderator
20,085 Posts
OK. Went ahead and took the plunge for life as well.

·
Registered
7,569 Posts
At 68 not considering giving up $300.00

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
:thumb:

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Just posted on another blog (2A-Sig):

"FYI, I was one payment into a $1000 Easy Life Pay plan for NRA
Membership and I gave them a call - they allowed me to just pay the $300
outright and be done with it."

·
Super Moderator
20,085 Posts
Based on the update from TD, it appears that the NRA is heavily recruiting and rightly so! I know many have posted over the short time I've been here that they don't care for the sometimes strong armed tactics of the NRA - I, myself, having been vocal at times - but I cannot express enough that I feel this is how our own government is coming across too! With all the state-by-state anti-gun legislation we've seen in the past 4 weeks or so, we have to be more vigilant than ever in putting some serious backbone into our own devices to stave this off! I would be very surprised if we don't see the NRA either headlining or filing an Amicus Brief or friend of the court (or whatever they are called) papers in some legal moves to begin working against these very states' legislators which seem to be moving full steam ahead - damning the very wording of the of the Law of the Land (Constitution) they each took an oath to protect!

Now, sorry if I come across as an NRA infomercial but, just telling it like it is. We are angry at what is happening and I, for one, am not comfortable just writing to my legislators telling them how upset I am. No, just as my very own state's Pro-gun body (GeorgiaCarry.org) got involved with helping move along some pro-gun legislation being looked at recently, I am looking to the NRA to do what they do best - get LEGALLY involved with the wave of anti-gun sensationalism moving across our great nation.

Yeah, I don't live in NYS, Colorado, California, Chicago, DC, etc. but I am not content to just sit back and let these areas be swallowed up by the black gun death of anti-gun apathy. I would sure be happy to see the state gun lobbies get involved there as well (and they may already be at play) but I just feel a little better hoping the NRA will be seen mixing it up with the antis in those states soon.

Sorry for the rant, but the amount of anti-gun legislation spreading like an unwanted cancer out there is a little too much to just kick back and relax with now . . .

Reactions: JoshNix9 and FZ1

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
SOURCE:
Shooting Wire

March 6, 2013 |
Gun Talk Delivers 16,000-Plus NRA Life Members

Mandeville, LA - In less than two months, radio and TV host Tom Gresham delivered 16,630 new Lifetime Members to the National Rifle Association, amounting to more than $4.9 million dollars in membership dues. Gresham announced a special $300 Lifetime Membership deal with the NRA on Thursday, January 10th, via Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/Guntalk, complete with a special direct phone number. The deal ended last Thursday.

"It's incredible that we were able to send the NRA almost five million dollars in only seven weeks," said show host Tom Gresham. "America's gun owners obviously want to be part of the fight to not only protect, but to regain gun rights, and they are saying so with their hard-earned dollars. At a time when money is short and people are concerned about the economy, this massive response shows just how important Second Amendment rights are to the public."

What began with a tweet, the deal was announced on Tom Gresham's Gun Talk Radio show each week, (http://www.guntalk.com), and went out to the 55,000+subscribers of the Truth Squad newsletter, (Tom Gresham's Truth Squad : Tom Gresham's Gun Talk Radio Show : High Powered Talk Radio ), and to the Gun Talk Media Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/guntalkmedia). Word of the deal continued to spread through email, Twitter and Facebook and in gun shops, shooting clubs, and Internet forums all across the U.S..

In its 18th year of national syndication, Tom Gresham's Gun Talk Radio airs live on Sundays from 2PM-5PM Eastern, and runs on more than 138 stations, plus on XM (Ch. 165) Satellite Radio. All Gun Talk shows can be downloaded as podcasts at guntalk's Podcast and Apple iTunes, or through one of the available Apps: Gun Talk App on Stitcher, the Gun Talk iPhone App, the Blackberry Podcast App, and the Gun Talk App for Android on Amazon. The Gun Talk Minute on XM also airs on XM 165, 166, 168 and Fox Sports every day throughout the week. More information is available at http://www.guntalk.com.

("Gun Talk" is a registered trademark.)
Ryan Gresham
985-727-7670
[email protected]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts