Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got to hand it to Gander Mountain... $800 for a blued PT1911 that comes with four mags, a holster, and mag carrier. Looks like Fobus stuff too. What a deal.

lol...

http://tinyurl.com/2w7oqs

·
Registered
118 Posts
Isn't that a bit high? The MSRP of the matte PT1911 is $719, and a fobus paddle holster can be found for around $25 on the web.

Are the days of paying several hundred below MSRP for a Taurus long gone?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MrTuffPaws said:
Isn't that a bit high? The MSRP of the matte PT1911 is $719, and a fobus paddle holster can be found for around $25 on the web.

Are the days of paying several hundred below MSRP for a Taurus long gone?
Yeah... the point is that a blued PT1911 can be had for just over 5 bills. The fact that Gander thinks a crappy holster, mag carrier, and two mags are worth $300 is the joke.

·
Super Moderator
21,702 Posts
I paid $600 for mine and that was with taxes and a fobus holster and one Novak 8 round mag , it came with 2 of its own. That was around Oct of 07. I was just in gander mountin a couple of weeks ago and they had some good deals and some not. nice big store but was a little lacking on customer service I couldn't find anyone to sell me a scope I'd seen for about $50 bucks less then around where I'm from so I just walked out. as I was walking out this girl asked if I found everything ok I said yep but no one wanted to sell it to me. she just looked like her nail polish hadn't dried yet as I walked out the door. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Yeah I saw that "deal" too. I went in and checked it out. I like the gun so I left and ordered one from budsgunshop.com. I paid over $200 less and got stainless but only two mags and no holster. Oh well I think I can find better deals than that.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I checked. They have the same price in the Richmond ad. Saves me from rushing down to Greensboro to take advantage of this "real deal." GM seems to be a bit proud of their firearms.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
greener said:
GM seems to be a bit proud of their firearms.
I can't believe people actually shop there. They alway seem over priced on guns and ammo. I go there to pick a gun that I think I want. I'll look at it and handle it and if it fits my wants and needs, I'll order it online or look elsewhere locally. I buy most of my ammo at Walmart and Fleet Farm. I can get the same ammo at these places for about 2/3 the price of Gander Mt.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts