Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 14 yr old 8th grade son has been itching to shoot my new pt92 so we went to the range yesterday and he brought his two best friends along which have never fired a handgun before. I took the pt92, my pt809, and my edc pt145. We had a safety and range rule discussion before shooting to make sure the other boys knew what to do. Wasnt worried about my son as he has been shooting since he was big enough to hold a gun. The boys had a great time and one really took to my pt145. We put about 100 rounds thru each pistol with no problems. We also brought my sons 20 gauge autoloader and shot some clays. They cant wait to go again and offered to buy ammo. lol

Attachments

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Most excellent!!!

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
I agree with Laker, most excellent! It's really great that you took the time to help mentor young men in the sport of shooting as well as spending time with your son. My hat is off to you.

After looking at the pics again (quite good), you do need to insist on eye protection.

·
Super Moderator
27,076 Posts
Best part of it.....seeing that sh*t eating grin!

Reactions: Willboat and TXEric

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Awesome! Good to see traditions being handed down.
Took my wife yesterday for the very first time. We were there for 4 1/2 hours, and she is pretty much Annie Oakley now!

Reactions: darbo

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Sounds like a really great day at the range. Any time spent getting the younger generation into shooting is time well spent.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Good job! Isn't it amazing how when you introduce someone to shooting who has never shot before how much they love it?

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Well done. Passing on the fine tradition of shooting.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Good Job smiley thumb.gif

·
Banned
3,798 Posts
Well done.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Properly taught the rules of shooting and respect for the sport, these boys won't be robbing the 7-eleven.
Good job, Tex!

·
Registered
617 Posts
My 13 yr old son loves to shoot my pt99. Safety always taught first and he is a good shot. He has shot hundreds of rounds through beretta 92 af 9mm and an hr 22 revolver. He has shot my brothers 44 mag but not fond of it!!! Great pics !

·
Super Moderator
40,638 Posts
Looks like a good time. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I'm all about introducing young people to the shooting sports. I serve on a youth devolopement and education committee at the Sportsmans assoc. I belong to. You get a gold star for taking the time and effort to take your sons friends along with you. If every one of us did that just once a year, we could perpetuate the strong shooting and firearms heritage in this country for generations. Well done!

·
Registered
7,296 Posts
Thanks for the pictures, and for taking the time and effort to introduce young men to firearms in a very positive way.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Good job.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Thanks for sharing,

Love to see people passing on the shooting sports to the next generation, you should be commended. Your gift will be talked about to friends and the lessons you instilled will be with them for life, may even make a lifelong shooters out of them.

I do agree with bmbroker, serious eye injury could not only scar them for life it could also leave you open to litigation.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations. Sounds like you guys had a good time.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts