Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
Nice trio!The grips on the right would be stealthy on the blued one.However I am a sucker for wood on a blued gun also.

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
Very nice ! Where did you get the grips ? I would like to check and see if they have one for my Rossi .357 3" barrel .

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Hello (this is original posting)

Posting some photos of my 3 Taurus revolvers, added Uncle Mikes Boot Grip recently purchased from forum member Hornady, to one of them. Will post the photo , then add description.

Left is 905 Originally Blued, refinished in KG Coat Matte Stainless with Ajax Pearlite Grips and BK Grip Adapter.
Middle is M327 Originally Blued, refinished in KG Coat Satin Black with Altamont Rosewood Boot Grips.
Right is M327 Stainless with Uncle Mikes Boot Grip. My favorite. And the best fitted of all 3.

Second picture is same revolvers only wearing Taurus boot grips. Rifle in background is Ruger PC40 I recently found at local gun shop about 2 months ago, and traded a couple of pistols for. I had handled one years ago, and just never got one, this one was in excellent condition, and I added a Red Dot (Simmons) I had and a NC Star scope rail. I also disassembled it and painted the stock a black textured finish, it is like brand new. Great handling and shooting rifle, I am going to be keeping this one.

Next is two holsters, for the M327's and 905 one good one and one bad one. The leather holster is a DeSantis Cozy Partner , it is a quality holster that although a little bulky is comfortable and very secure in gun retention. Only minor drawback is is a high ride holster, carries little higher than I like.
The black Kydex holster is a Galco Triton holster, a low riding holster, but really mars the finish on any pistol you carry . I used the Galco to begin with and after about 1 week, there were many scrapes on the cylinder, finally I disassembled the Stainless M327 and re-bead blasted the gun. I won't be using it again I don't think, it is very comfortable and easy to re- holster, two drawbacks, marring the finish and the belt clip is not very secure. Its hard to find any Kydex holster that does not mar the finish on any gun, I think I have 2 other Kydex holsters for my autos that do not scratch them.

Last is a picture of my Yugo M57 7.62x25 Tokarev, I have two of these, this one I refinished in Satin Black KG Coating and added some Marschal Grips, the other one is stock and in excellent condition, I have a flap field holster , and on the refinished one, the orginal barrel was pitted slightly , so I found a brand new Norinco Tokarev 7.62x25 barrel I ordered and installed. The stock second gun has a pristine brand new barrel.These are great pistols and have the thumb safeties aka 1911 style and the only Tokarev I would consider owning because of the safeties. These Yugos are flat , well made pistols firing a really hot round. I don't shoot any of the surplus ammo through them, because of the corrosive primers. And was lucky enough to stock up on some Wolf JHP several months ago.

I am really fond of the Stainless M327,

Attachments

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Very nice, i have had 605 Blued for maybe 4 years its been a great gun.
Welcome to the forum from Texas

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This thread got double posted, the forum signed me out, and automatically posted the thread before I finished. Please read the other same titled thread.

Grips....which grips are you asking about? Wood? Ajax or Uncle Mikes?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Very nice! And yes I have more for sale in the classified section...dunno if they will work on Rossi revolvers though. Sunset the other pair you wanted is on it's way. Love the way the Uncle Mike's grips look on your gun. Sad that they no longer make grips.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Nice trio! :D

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Very nice! And yes I have more for sale in the classified section...dunno if they will work on Rossi revolvers though. Sunset the other pair you wanted is on it's way. Love the way the Uncle Mike's grips look on your gun. Sad that they no longer make grips.
Then I am really glad I got those two sets, as I like them very much. Thanks for offering them to us.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Very nice.

·
Registered
5,358 Posts
Sunset, did you "bob" your 905 yourself, or did you get it factory that way? Some regular 905s came that way... Cool pics... Like that Satin!!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Whodog, it's a Double Action only hammer that came on the Stainless M327 in the pictures, I couldn't find a regular DA/SA M327, so got the last M327 at BudsGuns, which happened to be a DA only Stainless and swapped hammers with the 905.

All three revolvers have smooth trigger pulls.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I enjoyed reading your stellar dissertation on your three fine Taurus snubbies; and the photographs were the icing on the cake.

To me, the snub-nosed revolver is a legendary firearm and they have an appeal that is all their own.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts