Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right or wrong, I like a good looking gun, and some are better looking than others. Also beauty is absolutely in the eye of the beholder. Glocks, for example may be good guns, I would not know, I can't get past the fact I find them hideous. A walther PPk on the other hand, (Wowza!) Even the Bersa .380's are nice looking guns. Anyway, I thought I would start this thread for fun. I just want o know what three guns, you find to be the best looking. 1. Handgun, 2. Rifle, 3. Shotgun. There are no wrong answers, and this is about "looks", nor performance.
Have fun.

I am going to have to think a minute before I answer myself. :)

·
Registered
9,166 Posts

Taurus PT-92

S&W M&P 15 Sport

Mossberg 500

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rossi 851 4" Wood Grips
Marlin 336 Wood
Beretta Silver Pigeon

·
Registered
24,535 Posts
Colt Python, Thompson machine gun, Browning Broadway

·
Super Moderator
40,475 Posts

·
Administrator
35,160 Posts
I am one gun away from my cowboy combo. I'm looking hard for a stainless SA revolver in 357 magnum. That will go nicely with my Marlin 336 and Springfield 511 side-by-side 12 gauge. 8)

Reactions: SixFalls

·
Registered
4,792 Posts
Beauty is always in the beholder. I love deep bluing in the traditional steel firearms. That being said my 3 guns are: S&W Russian revolver, Browning A5 shotgun, and the Ruger #1 rifle.

·
Super Moderator
19,678 Posts
Yeah, I still remember my GLOCK snob days. Until I actually bought and shot one. Bought 2 more just for the hell of it . . . I really continued buying them because turned out I shoot them pretty well. I consider myself an equal opportunity gun buyer - I currently own about 8 different firearm brands and don't look down on any of them.

Reactions: Sekol

·
Registered
7,861 Posts

sako deluxe

About any Holland and Holland Royal Deluxe double.

Prices STARTING at 89,000 British pounds

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
For production guns

Pistol: I like the Taurus 845 the best, the design is great, coherent, solid but subdued. I bought it for the way it looks, I don't need it for shooting, really.

Rifle: Steyr AUG. Beauty in a class of its own. Guns, just like people, are basically advanced tubes. The AUG stays truer to this nature than most.

Shotgun: Don't have a pick, most of them generally look the same as most of the others.

·
Registered
6,384 Posts
I'm right there with you on 2 out of the three.

I love Colt Open Tops but I think this one is prettier.

Turnbull-Commander.jpg

Note the real bone meal color case hardening on the frame :thumb::wub: and the ivory (mammoth, I think or really old elephant) grips.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Montkun, that Mossberg looks like "scope bite" waiting to happen. lol

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
1) Handgun
Auto: 1911
Revolver: Ruger Redhawk 4" Barrel, Stainless.

2) Rifle: Winchester Model 70 Featherweight, caliber doesn't really matter in terms of looks, but .30-06.

3) Shotgun, Older production 870 blues with 18" rifle sighted barrel, 2 shot mag extension, check ckered wood youth size stock and wood corncob forend with matching finish.

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
I don't have one of these, I may never have one of these, but I do appreciate their look and feel - antique Lady Smith revolver

1 - 18 of 18 Posts