1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
All the local Awful Waffles have No Firearms Allowed signs up.

Since e they have them up, I don't eat there.

·
Registered
36,780 Posts
Just another sad reminder that if you can legally carry, it's a good idea to carry whenever and whereever you can, because you never know where or when something bad might happen.

A white nude male (see face pic) allegedly walked into a Waffle House in Tenn with an AR rifle, 3 dead several injured.

https://www.whio.com/news/national/...ral-injured-tennessee/3DNOYKH4rqFxVM3x9Ar1pJ/
Well let me sound like my dad and uncles here!
I REMEMBER WHEN a person walked. ran , what ever into a southern Waffle House like this or tried to rob one they would be met with over whelming resistive fire power from the patrons!
I tell ya all these Liberals and millennials are just making our Waffle Houses much to dangerous to eat our hash browns in.
heck I still sit in the rear most table against the tile wall that is near the hall to the rest rooms so I can see anyone approaching the entry and I have a wall at my back, leaves a nice shooting alley across the entire floor area,
I often wondered what a bad guy would look like if caught in the area between the outer glass door and the inner glass door in that all glass foyer?

Reactions: darbo and FreeInAZ

·
Registered
36,780 Posts

I just don't read the signs myself.

Reactions: texastaurusguy

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I have heard that the Waffle houses in west Tenn have those signs. I've only ever eaten in one of them, in Eastern Tenn, and they do not have those signs. The last time I was in there it was 9am, not 3am, and I know for a fact that there was at least 3 law abiding legal concealed carriers inside, because I knew the other two individuals. If it had happened there, there might've been one or two victims, but that would've been the extent of it.

Here is a full witness statement. Supposedly the diner was crowded, and the shooter started in the parking lot with a couple of victims, then proceeded inside. After someone took the AR away from him during a lull in the shooting (gun jammed or empty) the killer ran off, still looking for him at this time. Oh, and b.t.w., the FBI was previously familiar with the suspect,
according to one news report.

·
Administrator
35,567 Posts
I always carry in Waffle house, the place is built like a death trap, its a tube with only one exit in the middle. I really like taking my wife there when we're about to start a day trip so I don't see not going there anytime soon.

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
This story screams "stay aware of your surroundings". How does no-one see a naked guy with an AR walking into a restaurant. My wife makes fun of me because I have to sit where I can see the door, preferably with my back to a wall. This should never have happened, in today's society where these shootings happen way to often, pay attention to your surroundings.

·
Registered
15,149 Posts
I'm thinking right about now, Waffle house would be one of the safer places to dine as people are aware what happened and won't let it happen twice in a row.

Reactions: TrucksNCoffee

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
I've not been in a Waffle House in 25 years. Almost went in one a couple of weeks but it was so crowded we couldn't get in so we went to Denny's instead. No signs on either place so I'm going to carry.

·
Banned
4,262 Posts
News saying the wing nut who did this was from ILLINOIS???

Maybe the no pants thing was he got food poisoning from the place earlier? Had to discard soiled bottom garments?

I don't go to waffle house precisely because of their STUPID policies. That and the closest one to me is, well... pretty scuzzy looking.

This dink is still on the loose so if you're in the vicinity of TN or neighboring states be on the lookout!

·
Registered
14,821 Posts
I am starting to think that some of these shootings are being done by crazy left wing nutjobs that are doing this in order to get these guns banned.

They hate guns so much that they believe "the ends justify the means" and can rationalize a few dead innocents in order to further their agenda.

And that agenda is a disarmed populace.

This guy was so inept at shooting and seemed to not be familiar with the operation of his rifle that he was overpowered attempting to reload it. This would not happen if someone was experienced with their firearm.

·
Registered
24,960 Posts
He's another shooter known to the FBI and Secret Service. Heck, they confiscated the very same A/R and gave it back. So many shooters known by alphabet agencies can't help but feed conspiracy theories. Do they know these people are going to "go off" one day and just wait for it to happen?

Hero of the day:

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/988143731952975872

·
Registered
948 Posts
Waffle House's corporate policy it so to post as a GFZ, in some states that means nothing (other then a trespass charge if your defensive arm is noticed and you don't leave when asked) in others it's misdemeanor that can cause a suspension of your permit/license, others still....it's a felony charge.

As a side not, none of articles I read this morning mentioned they type of rifle used, just that he was armed with a rifle, which at the time led me to believe it was not am AR, because that's the first thing the media focuses on these days.

·
Registered
5,644 Posts
Waffle House's corporate policy it so to post as a GFZ, in some states that means nothing (other then a trespass charge if your defensive arm is noticed and you don't leave when asked) in others it's misdemeanor that can cause a suspension of your permit/license, others still....it's a felony charge.

As a side not, none of articles I read this morning mentioned they type of rifle used, just that he was armed with a rifle, which at the time led me to believe it was not am AR, because that's the first thing the media focuses on these days.
They posted a picture of the AR he used laying on the ground behind the counter where the good samaritan tossed it. He apparently had a malfunction and the Samaritan took advantage and snatched the rifle from his hands.

·
Registered
36,780 Posts
He's another shooter known to the FBI and Secret Service. Heck, they confiscated the very same A/R and gave it back. So many shooters known by alphabet agencies can't help but feed conspiracy theories. Do they know these people are going to "go off" one day and just wait for it to happen?

Hero of the day:

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/988143731952975872
the news reports that I heard said that they (feds) confiscated all his weapons after he was found guilty of trespassing at the White House, the entire matter was turned over to State law enforcement and they would not let him have the weapons back as his lisense was also revoked.
they turned the weapons over to his father, who gave them back to him if I remember things correctly?
. Now I don't know as I am not a lawyer but seems like daddy might be in a world of crap if not legally certainly civilly?

·
Registered
36,780 Posts
I always carry in Waffle house, the place is built like a death trap, its a tube with only one exit in the middle. I really like taking my wife there when we're about to start a day trip so I don't see not going there anytime soon.
ahh YES!
the old REQUIRED Emergency Exit in the rear!
Hint--Rear of storage room behind the service counter .
I always check out any place for several exits.
I also check out where the stairwells are at in Hotels where I stay.
SEE A Few Crispy Critters and it leaves an impression that I don't want to be part of that club as well as other emergencies.

Reactions: FreeInAZ

·
Registered
14,821 Posts
the news reports that I heard said that they (feds) confiscated all his weapons after he was found guilty of trespassing at the White House, the entire matter was turned over to State law enforcement and they would not let him have the weapons back as his lisense was also revoked.
they turned the weapons over to his father, who gave them back to him if I remember things correctly?
. Now I don't know as I am not a lawyer but seems like daddy might be in a world of crap if not legally certainly civilly?
Father resided in Illinois where FOID is required for firearm possession.

Son moved to TN where there is no requirement to have an IL FOID.

Son had no criminal convictions and was not a prohibited person so he could legally possess and even purchase firearms in TN.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts