Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
June 15th I competed in my 2nd USPSA match and once again by default, I won the Limited 10 division. Ha! 'Cuz I was the only competitor in Limited 10. Again, mostly okay to good marksmanship (I had high pts in one stage) but sloooooow. Problems feeding which I traced to using hollow point rounds that were a full 0.060 shorter than 230 gr FMJ OAL. I am convinced that the mags (Chip McCormicks 10 rounders) are not the problem. I want to thank the good folks at Chip McCormick who sent me three mag springs gratis to convince me that the problem was in the ammo and not the mags. Thanks, folks, I am convinced and you have a life long customer, I have already ordered more mag springs (I bought a lot of CMC mags). All in all, my stainless steel PT1911 in 45 ACP performed phenomenally with ammo of the correct OAL, as it has over the last five years. This Taurus firearm is excellent. Now, I am preparing to start reloading my ammo. The fun and challenges are just beginning!!!!

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
Congratulations! Either formant, USPSA or IDPA, is a lot fun! As for the sloooooow, don't worry about it, the speed will come...unless you're old like me!

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
Congrats
As long as you are faster than the guy behind you it does not mater how slow you are
jhp

1 - 3 of 3 Posts