Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my 2nd TCP yesterday to be my wife's carry weapon. Put 100 rounds of varied ammo including LRN, JRN and HP. This gun (a "D") is 100% just as my first one (a "C" that I've had for about a year) is. My wife is able to rack the slide, makes a pop can dance consistently at 10 yds AND its small / light enough that she'll actually carry it! LOVE these TCPs!

·
Super Moderator
40,638 Posts
I love mine as well, do a side by side comparison of the visible internals of both the C and D models and let us know if you can see any differences in the 2 models. - Thanks

Reactions: HD-Mike and KLo

·
Registered
15 Posts
I also just picked up my first TCP. Unfortunately I can't shoot it for a couple more days because of my schedule. Hopefully my CCL comes in the mail today.

·
Registered
33 Posts
...This gun (a "D")...
Also...

Let us know if the hammer on the D model partially resets with a half-release of the trigger as do the As, Bs and Cs.

The C should make a bit of a click about halfway through the trigger release. Word is that the Ds may no longer have this little design quirk.

Thanks!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry all, by the time I was finished with my projects, my wife headed out for an event and packed her pistola...(didn't even have to remind her!). I'll do the comparison tomorrow afternoon.

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
Sorry all, by the time I was finished with my projects, my wife headed out for an event and packed her pistola...(didn't even have to remind her!). I'll do the comparison tomorrow afternoon.
I think your wife packing is just a little more important than doing any comparison! :) Good for her!

·
Super Moderator
40,638 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
But what about MY needs???

No, I'm sure you won't find any lack of support around here for your lady packin'.

I'll check in later. I'm pretty curious. Mine has yet to ship and I have no way of knowing whether it will be a C or a D. Couldn't stand to wait any more, though.

(Subscribed)

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
I wish my wife would grab her carry gun out of habit. I'm constantly reminding her to put it in her purse! Good for you, and more importantly, your wife, that she grabs her gun!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So, there are 3 differences between my C and my D. The double click reset is the same. I cannot put (start) my takedown pin prior to installing the slide or the slide hits it. I can put the the pin in first on the D then slide on the slide. Hopefully I can upload the pics so you can see the difference in the milling at the bottom of the barrels and the difference between the trigger bar shapes.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
OK. I'm still a bit confused on which frame and barrel are which.

Thanks for the "click" info. Looks like those reports were incorrect.

Now did you do a thorough strip, clean and lube before those 100 rounds or did you fire those fresh out of the box?

·
Registered
8,061 Posts
Congratulations on getting your wife a new firearm! It sounds like you won't be seeing
much of it from the way things sound. I'm glad she likes it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
How funny! I get why you weren't sure which one was which from my description! I was looking at my phone to describe which was which, and the barrels were oriented differently upon upload... So, the UPPER barrel in the photo is the C, and the C frame is sitting on top of the D. Hope that clarifies. I did do a basic strip, clean and oil/grease prior to firing.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Also...

Let us know if the hammer on the D model partially resets with a half-pull of the trigger as do the As, Bs and Cs.

The C should make a bit of a click about halfway through the trigger pull. Word is that the Ds may no longer have this little design quirk.

Thanks!
I have a new "D" model, and I have not been able to cause or hear any click upon release of the trigger, although I have yet to range test it with live ammo. (coming this weekend). This issue may have been resolved, as stated by a poster commenting on a Youtube vid concerning a man's complaints, but I wouldn't take it for gospel unless it came from Taurus.

I'm glad I got a newer model with (hopefully) all the bugs removed, as I wasn't aware of this problem before I purchased one.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have a new "D" model, and I have not been able to cause or hear any click upon release of the trigger...
Hey Chris,

The extra click was not upon release, but rather on the trigger's pull.

*EDIT*

Whoops. Correction: Yes. It was upon release. Interesting that you don't notice "any click." At the very least, I would ASSume that there would be at least one "click" near the end of the release. Some report that it is more felt than heard.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts