Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally made it out to the range again to test this new OSS, on my first range session I fired a little over 300 rounds without any issues and for this trip I fired another 300 plus rounds from 21 feet to 50 yards. Again I had zero issues and the accuracy is very good, a lot better than me. This session I was using my reloads, all 230 gr. FMJ rounds since the first shoot I used a mix of HP's and FMJ's.

I was firing 4.5 grains Bullseye for plinker's and 5 grains Bullseye for regular rounds with Remington 2 1/2 primers and Speer cases. All rounds fed and functioned just fine but one of the extra Taurus magazines I bought kept nosediving the rounds. The two magazines that came with the OSS worked fine and I picked up two more magazines and got one bad one, I'll give Taurus a call Monday about a replacement and check on my PT145 that they are fixing due to a broken firing pin lock.

This OSS is one sweet shooter with a great short trigger reset and a very mild recoil for a .45 and it fits the hand well, I think Taurus has a winner on their hands that will give the other poly .45's a run for the money. After 600 plus rounds down range with zero issues and great accuracy to boot, I'm very pleased with it. A few hundred more rounds down range without any issues and I'll be putting my Ruger P345 in the safe and making this my go to gun for a long while.

Robert

·
Registered
92 Posts
Great to hear it!

·
Administrator
19,185 Posts
CSTripp said:
Great to hear it!
+1! Now have 500 rounds thru my .45 24/7 OSS with no issues at all. Have put FMJ's, JHP's, and SWC's thru it with NO problems. One SWC was a little reluctant to feed, out of 50, but it did feed. Accuracy has been excellent!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Sure glad to hear the good reports for this gun. My experience was no where close. I had 5 refuses to fire with no mark on primers out of 200 rounds and it was shooting from 4 to 6 inches low at 10 yards. Been in the shop for 3 weeks now. That gives me hope it was just mechanical and not system wide. I certainly do like the gun it feels great in the hand and recoil is quite mild.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.