Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,I'm from PA and will be vacationing in VA next week. I understand from my sheriff thatVA has recipricale agreement with PA. PA is an open carry state, I also have my PA ccl. What else should I know about VA? I will be bringing a few handguns to go to a range.
Thanks for your help.
Tom

·
Registered
617 Posts
Careful when you pass through Maryland.

·
Registered
24,845 Posts
What he said and Welcome to TA from Minnesota

·
Super Moderator
40,638 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Va resident here. In Virginia if you are attacked and have fear for your life you can shoot. BUT we don't have a Stand Your Ground Law or Castle doctrine. Just keep that in mind. And on another note if you OC a weapon with 20 or more in a mag you are in violation of the law. But here is a link to all the laws in Virginia: LIS > Code of Virginia Have a wonderful vacation in The Old dominion.

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, I have just done minimal research on the subject of gun laws.

·
Registered
6,559 Posts
You can carry in a bar or restaurant as long as you aren't imbibing on adult beverages as well. You can also check out VCDL.ORG which is a very successful group that has gotten many pro 2A laws passed in the last couple decades.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
I'm going to stress the 'be careful in MD' sentiment. I'm from MD but live in WV, so I travel to visit my parents and in-laws fairly often. When in MD, keep your guns unloaded and locked in the trunk and keep the ammo separate from the gun. MD DOES NOT recognize any other states CC permits, so don't risk a run-in with the State Troopers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts