Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 27/7 for four months now and fired about 2500 rounds through it without any FTF or FTE of any kind. It's performed flawlessly. I've encountered a problem with DA firing though. I've been practicing with snap-caps in an effort to reduce my movements when firing DA. After several weeks of this my 24/7 has stopped firing in DA. It appears to my novice eye that the trigger bar isn't grabbing the firing pin. Is there anything I can do resolve this issue short of sending it back to Taurus? I REALLY don't want to wait the 6-8 weeks I've heard that it takes to get your gun back from them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's the SA/DA. Firing SA is still as flawless as ever, it just won't do DA. As long as I never have a misfire (unlikely) this won't be a problem. It's mainly a matter of having lost one of the features that lead me to choose a Taurus over something else.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Im just curious... The 24/7 very rarely needs to be fired in DA so why were you trying to "reduce my movements when firing DA"

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For the same reason I practice firing my revolver as a SA and as a DA. To improve my marksmanship under as many conditions as possible.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts