Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

Anybody found replacement sights somewhere that will replace those dreaded 2-dots? I woudl really appreciate to change for a 3-dot or even pyramidal ones.

Thank you

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Check info in the smithing section

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Greetings,

If you are talking about the Wilson Combat thread, it is not for the 24/7 but the PT.
One other thread talks about filing the front of some other sight. I meant ready to install sights.

Thank you

·
Registered
74 Posts
I haven't seen any at all. It sucks.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
kestak
Re: 24/9 Pro Heine sights...again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Greetings,

If you are talking about the Wilson Combat thread, it is not for the 24/7 but the PT.
One other thread talks about filing the front of some other sight. I meant ready to install sights.

Thank you
First... Heinie now has their 3 dot night sight sets for the 24/7...
https://www.heinie.com/cart/product_info.php?products_id=106&osCsid=88d0a874f3d359a9ddb5d9f0cc0e4e43

#418 Heinie Taurus 24/7 SlantPro 3-D Night Sight Set
[#418] $140.90

Heinie SlantPro 3-D Night Sights for the Taurus 24/7. This sight set has a rear sight that is slightly slanted forward to eliminate glare from light. The rear sight has 2 tritium dots and in combination with the front sight tritium dot it is a 3-Dot night sights system.

Second... the dovetails on the 24/7, the MilPro and the PT1911 are the same... it's a "one size fits all." The excitement with the Wilson Combat set is the cost... under $40.

Third... the newest posts to that thread describe them as installing without hand fitting. That may be slightly decieving since changing any sights will require some basic skills and tools... a padded vice, a brass sight punch and hammer. Unless you have the right sized hex for the Taurus front sight, you will have to cut the front sight off since it can't be drifted with the set pin in place. These are not hard skills, but may be intimidating for someone who has never tinkered with their guns.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The sights on the 24/7 are different than the sights on the 24/7 PRO. Are these Heine Sights for the 24/7 or the 24/7 PRO?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts