Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been thinking of getting the new 24/7 45c DS but had a question about the magazines. Were do you buy extra ones at. I've looked at several places online and they have the regular mags with extensions but no one that I have found sells the compact mags for the 45 DS. Called taurus and I think I confused the lady real bad because she didn't even know that the gun existed. :???:
So for those of you who own the 45c DS or even just a normal 24/7c were do you buy the smaller magazines at?

·
Registered
279 Posts
the mags for the pt145 should be the same.... i'd take one of yours and see if it matches up with the pt145 mags.

·
Registered
131 Posts
The Pt145 mags are only 10 rounds....The 24/7C are 12 rounds I believe. Arent the new 24/7 4 inch guns 12 rounds too?

·
Registered
43 Posts
The 24/7 Pro Compact DS comes with two different magazines, a 10 and a 12 round. The 10 round fits flush with the bottom of the magazine well. The 12 round is a full size magazine with a sleeve that fills the gap. I own one, so I know.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
fedora1953 have you bought any extra 10 round mags for yours? I know they come with a 10 & 12 round bought I like to have extra mags with each gun and I can't find a place to bye the 10 round mags for the compact. I can only find the 12 for the compact or the 10 for the full size 24/7.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does anybody know were to bye them? :???:
I was at a gun show yesterday and was ready to purchase it but even the dealer didn't know were to buy the mags at. Can anyone help??

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well if anyone cares I finally got ahold of a manger in customer service @ Taurus and he said they don't have any of the extra 24/7 10rd 45 compact magazines and they are hoping they should start becoming available at the end of this month but right now nobody has the means of getting them.
That really turns me off from purchasing this gun. Maybe I'll look into the PT145 or G30SF.
I love taurus guns but really think this company has some issues with parts/accessories not being available, customer service, there website still not fully updated, guns that were supposed to released over a year ago. Sorry don't mean to rant but it's frustrating when it takes 2 calls to the company itself to figure out what is going on and I honestly don't know if I can trust the answer of the person I talked to. For such a fine weapon the service really hurts them. :mad:

·
Registered
235 Posts
All you have to do is go to your gun shop and tell them to order you one. I wanted another 10 round magazine for my compact 24/7 .40, and it was there the next day.

You are trying to buy parts for a BRAND NEW gun, what do you think will be available, honestly? Have you ever tried to buy parts for a brand new car, even from the dealer? It takes time for them to make extra parts to sell on the side, while their production ramps up.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Maybe your right threefortyduster. I was just excited to purchase this gun and with taurus history (OSS, 809) for example I can't count on the extra mags being available anytime soon. Have a question though, If taurus can't get the mags themselves how will my local gunshop who doesn't even sell the compact suppose to get it?

·
Super Moderator
21,806 Posts
For example when the Brady bill died I ordered a fifteen round mag for my XD-9 and paid $49 for it I just bought 3 16 round mags and a mag holder for $40. That's Springfield by the way not Taurus.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Has anyone tried a 10 PT145 mag? The 24/7 mags fit the Miliinium series pistols, maybe the 145 10 round mag will fit the new PT24/7 45 compact... just a thought.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Weaponize said:
Maybe your right threefortyduster. I was just excited to purchase this gun and with taurus history (OSS, 809) for example I can't count on the extra mags being available anytime soon. Have a question though, If taurus can't get the mags themselves how will my local gunshop who doesn't even sell the compact suppose to get it?
You also said you didn't think you could trust either of the people you talked to. Have you tried getting one from a human standing in front of you? The internet doesn't always have everything that is available. If you go to a gun shop and ask them, you just might get a surprising answer.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
threefortyduster said:
You also said you didn't think you could trust either of the people you talked to. Have you tried getting one from a human standing in front of you? The internet doesn't always have everything that is available. If you go to a gun shop and ask them, you just might get a surprising answer.
I didn't go to a gun shop but I asked several dealers at the gun show and most of them run all the local gun shops in my area.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
azlester said:
Has anyone tried a 10 PT145 mag? The 24/7 mags fit the Miliinium series pistols, maybe the 145 10 round mag will fit the new PT24/7 45 compact... just a thought.
I'm curious if that would work. I'll try and find out. Didn't somebody on this site have both the mil pro and the 24/7 compact ( I remember seing pictures of them side by side a while back). I wonder if they ever tried to swap mags.

·
Registered
17 Posts
fedora1953 said:
The 24/7 Pro Compact DS comes with two different magazines, a 10 and a 12 round. The 10 round fits flush with the bottom of the magazine well. The 12 round is a full size magazine with a sleeve that fills the gap. I own one, so I know.
I want to buy one of these new 45s, but after the experience I had with my PT 145 Mil Pro 45 10-round mags wanting to nose-dive on the first round (fed okay though if only loading 9 rounds), I want to wait til Taurus finally fixes this issue. What in the world is the big deal here; Taurus mags great guns, but the mazines suck on the 45s at least. Does your new 24/7 DS Compact 45 feed okay from both the 10-round and 12-round mags?

·
Super Moderator
21,806 Posts
I just bought one and I loaded it with big hollow points and it functions fine. it still real tight I have not had a chance to shoot her yet.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts