Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've held both the Taurus 24/7 (45ACP) and Springfield Armory XD45 (Service Model), but I've only shot the XD45.

Comparing a 1911 frame 45ACP to the Springfield XD45, the XD45 had less "felt recoil" than the 1911 frame.

My question is: Does the Taurus 24/7 have less "felt recoil" simularly to the XD45?
I'm guessing that it would, due to the simular frame size.
Has anyone fired both?

Your opinions and experiences are appreciated.
Thank you, Bowhunter57

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I have the PT1911, 24/7 in 45cal and a buddy with a XD45 (all with 4" plus barrels). Felt recoil is a tough question, because everyone is different and depending on what ammo you are shooting also.

I personally wouldn't say either is more or less then the other, just different. If you want less from any weapon, go ported... I have a Taurus 945 with factory ported barrel and yes, the felt recoil is a lot less then any of my other 45cal pistols.

·
Registered
123 Posts
DRAEGER said:
I have the PT1911, 24/7 in 45cal and a buddy with a XD45 (all with 4" plus barrels). Felt recoil is a tough question, because everyone is different and depending on what ammo you are shooting also.

I personally wouldn't say either is more or less then the other, just different. If you want less from any weapon, go ported... I have a Taurus 945 with factory ported barrel and yes, the felt recoil is a lot less then any of my other 45cal pistols.
If i wanted to get a factory ported barrel from Taurus for the 24/7 .45 would I have to get the slide ported as well?

What does that cost? I would love to do that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts