Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I want a compact 45, the 24/7. Is the G2 the non compact version? I'm confused!

·
Registered
91 Posts
For those of you who have both the 24/7 compact and a Mil pro PT 140, which one do you favor? I'm right handed so the ambi controls on the 24/7 are immaterial for me and add extra snagging potential. Does the slight extra barrel length give you much?

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
The MilPro version is slightly smaller & thinner. MilPro does not have the decocker and has SA trigger with 2nd strike capability. 24/7 G2C has DA/SA trigger and it also has the decocker. The MilPro has 2 dot sights and the 24/7 G2C has 3 dot sights. I like the PT145 better than the 24/7 C DS. I don't have the 24/7 G2C so I can't compare the G2C & the PT145.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
I am right handed so I'd be OK with non-ambi safety. However, I do like the DA/SA trigger on the 24/7 G2 better than the SA trigger on the 24/7 G1. I do not care much about the decocker because I don't use it often.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Decocker, I agree. I like the PT 140. People talk about snappy, but I find it easier to shoot than my 9mms. I'm trying to decide between the new G2 9 or rounding out the stable with the Mil 145. Leaning toward the .45. Thoughts? Oh, and the rail. Do any of you use it?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I apologize. This really should be on the Millennium forum. Started out asking questions about the two models and went sideways. My bad.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
I put the laser sight on the rail sometimes to teach my kid nephews how to aim. I do not like to have these laser sights on my guns, especially on the CCW. Yep, the PT140 is snappy and I preferred the PT145 so I bought it. As you can see in my sig, I love the .45 ACP round.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Having handled (not shot) both... I felt like the G2 was more balanced. I also again, have beat this into the ground, was really turned off by the trigger.

I only shot the G2c not the 145. Clearly it's a beloved pistol. Just my two cents. I love the compact size, and weight. And I'm adding it to my EDC rotation with a M85 poly, and 709 slim.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
To each his own.

I also will get the G2C .45 some time in the future but the PT145 will remain my EDC.
Agreed! :) and let me add; I am not disparaging the the 145. It's compact, weighted nicely, and most importantly loved by the people who own them. I think ultimately, to whomever posed the question, go pick them both up. It seemed to me, for whatever it's worth, the 145 was easier for me to find. I found the G2c in 40 and 9mm all over. But not the 45

Anyways, seems to me you can't make a wrong decision. And if you want to save $100 buy the 145!

Let us know what you decide.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Actually, the prices of the MilPro's are vey much in line with those of the 24/7 compacts but with the new MilPro G2 series that Taurus is introducing in 2013, the MilPro G1 pistols including the PT145 are the discontinued models hence the price drop. I'm hoping Taurus will make the PT145 G2 soon.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts