Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After my last foray at the local gun store, I'm faced with a quandry.....

I've always liked the 24/7. In fact, it's on my short list for my next 9mm (along with the Ruger SR9 and S&W Sigma). But then I handled one of the 917's......wow! Everything I liked about the PT92 in a smaller, lighter package. Only improvement I'd make would be to put a smaller butt on it (like the old PT92C or Beretta 92 Compact), but I could get used to it as is.....

Does anyone here have shooting experience with both? Which do you think handles better? If you had to choose b/t them ( & I can't buy both...), which would you prefer?

Thanks in advance.....this is a great board.... :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
SEEKER_TWO
I would get the PT-917. The 24/7 is a newer model. The 917 may be harder to get later. I have looked for one for seven months and no dice.
GOOD LUCK & HAPPY SHOOTING

·
Administrator
18,038 Posts
Buy Both! :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just wanted to add my 2 cents, and my vote is for the 917. I just picked mine up today, and I cannot wait to get to the range. This has got to be the best looking 9mm on the market. Now, I'm trying to decide which kind of laser to add to it.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I'd opt for the 917 too.:cool:

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Go with the PT917.

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Hmm, that is a sexy gun. Kind of reminds me of the Beretta Cougar, which is about the sexiest to me. Too bad the Cougar is only in .380, plus more than I can afford.

I to am looking to pick up a 24/7 pro. I already have the Pro C and 3 mags. Would like the simplicity of using all my mags in either, at least the two full size, that is, so I'll probably stick with another pro,........plus the Pro ain't too bad looking itself.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts