Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so whats the real deal with the differences between these two. I pick mine up on Friday and I'm not sure which one I picked up. Uh-oh I hope I got the good one. I'm kinda panicking.
Thanks

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Plain 24/7s are older. They are dao double action only and had a 3 dot sight. 1 front 2 in back.

24/7 pros are newer. They are SA/DA single action double action and have straight 8 sights. 1 front 1 in back.

There are also 24/7 C, compact. Basicly same as the pro just smaller.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dammit I think I bought the regular 24/7. Maybe I'll return it when I pick it up.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
paulrabe78 said:
Plain 24/7s are older. They are dao double action only and had a 3 dot sight. 1 front 2 in back.

24/7 pros are newer. They are SA/DA single action double action and have straight 8 sights. 1 front 1 in back.

There are also 24/7 C, compact. Basicly same as the pro just smaller.
good job explaining it

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Need some help. Can you guys check the serial numbers on your pros. I just bought a 24/7 but for some reason I think its not a pro. I pick up the gun later this week but I'd rather find out now. The first three digits of the serial number for my gun are TZC. I called Taurus and he said it was an 06 model but that it is a pro. I just remember seeing the two sites in the back and one in the front. I looked at a few guns that day so I could be mistaken.
Thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
Well, the back will have two 'sights', it's just that the dots will be different. On the 'three dot sights' there are 2 white dots, as paulrabe mentioned, on the back sight. The Pro versions use the 'straight 8 sights' where there is one white dot on the back sight, in the middle below the slot.

My PT140 has a 'Z' for the second character, I bought it in '06 and it's a Pro. Fair to assume yours is a Pro also. There is a post here explaining the options of the serial number, but I couldn't find it. If memory serves me correctly, the first digit is the caliber, the second is the year of production and the third should be the model type (the last digit i'm not sure of...).

·
Registered
37 Posts
LOL... One dead give away no one has mentioned... It will say 'PRO' on the side of the slide.

·
Registered
57 Posts
silver_dc435 said:
LOL... One dead give away no one has mentioned... It will say 'PRO' on the side of the slide.
I suspect bugs would have figured that out on his own if he had the pistol in hand to look at, which he won't until Friday. ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for all the input. I called upthe store and they assured me it was a pro. I just find it odd that the gun is from 2006 and brand new. My Taurus judge was made in feb of 08.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Just like old cars, gun manufacturers keep "NOS" new old stock. I though it was more parts than completed guns. Maybe it got stashed away on a shelf somewhere.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts