Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok well I just went to the range again tonite and shot my 24/7. Its such a shame this trigger cause I really like everything else about this gun. This trigger pull is just plain annoying, its just way too delayed.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
i like it,i have the muscle memory down and pull the trigger back to just before the point before it fires aim then just pull a little and bang.using a empty empty empty empty empty gun did i say empty gun and shoot at the door knob and learn the trigger pull.you will get used to it.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I agree that it does take some getting used to, but once I got used to it I like it. You just have to keep shooting with it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I think its much nicer having an easy pull and then actually feeling the pull change right before the bang. I like it better then a HARD pull the full distance and not knowing when bang is coming.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I actually like the trigger of my 24/7C for a gun in this price range especially - it's nice and smooth - no complaints here.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Just think of the trigger as two stage. I have definately felt much worse triggers. I think the 24/7 is really quite smooth.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I've been taught that after pulling the trigger, release it JUST FAR ENOUGH to reset it for the next shot.

It makes for quicker follow-ups, better accuracy, and you won't complain about trigger travel any more.

Just listen and feel for the "click" when you let the trigger out. You can do this with an unloaded gun as well. Pull the trigger. Keep it held all the way back. Cycle the slide with your other hand. Then slowly let the trigger out. When it clicks, it's ready for the next shot.

·
32,658 Posts

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
tman said:
I've been taught that after pulling the trigger, release it JUST FAR ENOUGH to reset it for the next shot.

It makes for quicker follow-ups, better accuracy, and you won't complain about trigger travel any more.

Just listen and feel for the "click" when you let the trigger out. You can do this with an unloaded gun as well. Pull the trigger. Keep it held all the way back. Cycle the slide with your other hand. Then slowly let the trigger out. When it clicks, it's ready for the next shot.
That's good advice and will certainly help semi-auto newbies out.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Tman- Just read your advice on solving the long pull. I tried it and learned something. Haven't tried it with a loaded 24/7 yet, but anxious to get out and shoot. No indoor ranges close here and weather is (and has been) wet and cold. No fun in the rain.
Uneasy

·
Registered
444 Posts
Just used mine yesterdaay for my CCW qual. and had no problem. shooting double taps and the rest of the drills was very quick. Just takes some getting used to, but you will get the hang of it!!!! You are a smart guy, u bought a Taurus didn't you. ENJOY

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well after firing some other DAO pistols. I've really started to love the feel of the 24/7. The grips may not be the toughest looking but they are so comfortable. I learned this while shooting other pistols. So I retract my previous statement.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts