Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to take the trigger of my 24/7 and just polish it up to smooth out the trigger pull. However I am not a gunsmith and do not want to take a new gun apart and not be able to get it back together or to do something that may make it unsafe. Are there any good books or CD out that show how to just polish a trigger. I shoot a lot of shotguns and I have taken the triggers out of them and polished them and cleaned them us so that they are smooth. But I am not sure I want to just jump into the 24/7. Thanks Dudley

·
Administrator
35,626 Posts
Here is a detailed procedure on smoothing out the trigger:

1. put gun in original box, unloaded, with spare mag
2. take gun to gun shop and trade it in on a 3rd generation 24/7 Pro
3. take it to the range and shoot the heck out of it

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
I did some searching on google, only thing i really found was someone saying get a snap cap and dry fire the heck out of it and it should smooth out..as for polishing instructions i could find anything :(

·
Registered
77 Posts
watch this
and follow as many of the same procedures as you can. relate to your weapon, 99 percent of it should be real similar, other than the ghost connector install

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Hold on...let me blow the dust off this thread first...just kidding :)

·
Administrator
40,361 Posts
Aaaaachoo! :-[

·
Registered
36,893 Posts
NYPD, is that the Taurus 2010 catalog with all the NEW weapons that are being introduced in 2010 that you are blowing the dust off so it can be reprinted this year?-LOL

·
Registered
77 Posts
damn, i didnt realize how old this was, i rarely ever look for post dates, i search for what im looking for and if i feel a fancy i post, now i see its two years later.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
olfarhors said:
NYPD, is that the Taurus 2010 catalog with all the NEW weapons that are being introduced in 2010 that you are blowing the dust off so it can be reprinted this year?-LOL
Reprinted? They'll just white out the 0 from 2010 and use a sharpie to write in a 1.

·
Registered
36,893 Posts
That is a really nice looking set on his avatar!
The guns you know!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts