Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen suggestions both ways, saying the 24/7 pro is the exact same frame size in both the 9mm and the .45 versions - that it is not.

Can anyone positively verify this one way or another or recommend a source for authentic info. (I already know that Taurus refers to both of them as 1 1/4 inch wide.)

Thanks a million

JimL

·
Administrator
18,038 Posts
The 9mm/.40 grip frame is definitely different as it has the "Ribber" grip and the Magazine Well Cartridge Length is definitely shorter. The 24/7 .45 Frames have no "Ribber" molded on grip and has molded on finger grooves. Looked at them both before I bought my 9mm 24/7 Pro.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jwc007 said:
The 9mm/.40 grip frame is definitely different as it has the "Ribber" grip and the Magazine Well Cartridge Length is definitely shorter. The 24/7 .45 Frames have no "Ribber" molded on grip and has molded on finger grooves. Looked at them both before I bought my 9mm 24/7 Pro.
OK, let me put it another way. Is the 24/7 Pro .45 bigger than other 24/7 guns?

Yet another way: Would an exact fit Kydex (hard) holster for a 24/7 Pro .45 fit all the other 24/7 Pro guns, assuming the grips to be outside the holster?

Yet another way: Are the caliber and the ribber the ONLY differences between the 24/7 Pro .45 and the other 24/7 Pro guns?

Thanks a million

JimL

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
JimL, you are one of my favorite people here in the forums simply because of they way you often word thinks, keep it up. ;)

They 24/7 45cal has a marginally larger slide girth/width then its smaller brothers (9mm/40cal), which means that it doesn't fit exactly the same in some holsters that are made for 9mm/40cal do not fit as well or at all. Which holster fit which have and are often covered in other threads and the staff here has been discussing ways to set up something in the forums to help find these answers easier.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DRAEGER said:
They 24/7 45cal has a marginally larger slide girth/width then its smaller brothers (9mm/40cal), which means that it doesn't fit exactly the same in some holsters
Thanks. So it's the slide and not the frame that is different. I wasn't really looking for ANY specific application like holsters, rather just trying to get a handle on the conflicting or unclear comments I have read on the subject. Maybe days or weeks after I read something I get to thinking about some aspect that doesn't quite seem to mesh. I like to make all the pieces fit - at least in my mind.

(Of course if they are that nearly the same size (maybe I'll take a micrometer to Sportsman's Warehouse) a soft holster would probably fit either.)

Thanks a million

JimL

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DRAEGER said:
the staff here has been discussing ways to set up something in the forums to help find these answers easier.
Idea. (Need light bulb icon)

I only recently discovered a feature of this forum that I have never seen before in a forum. That is an actual, real, genuine phrase search. That is, you can put several words together in quotes and they will be searched for as one long word and it doesn't actually search for the quote marks themselves. This makes searching for specific material much, MUCH more effective.

For instance, on an auto forum I searched for "carb adjustment," a phrase used fairly commonly, but specific in nature. I got 16,000 hits, because the search looked for all instances of either word separately. How many things can you do to a carb? How many other things can be adjusted?

My suggestion would be to find a way to alert users to this capability - some way other than just having it buried in the middle of a FAQ somewhere.

One forum/mailing list I was on posted a short version of the list of rules once a month. Something similar might or might not work here. You've probably already thought of putting stickies up for it.

And I'd comment on how FAQ's are handled in general. Organize them some way. Use bullets. There are many people who, like me, can't remember everything they read in a long list. (I'm a poor organizer myself, so I don't have specific suggestions.) But I'd think some sort of category/sub-category arrangement would make them more useful.

(I think by and large, one of the worst aspects of far away the MOST web sites on the internet is their FAQ setup. They are usually questions someone just thought up and may or may not be frequently asked. {The least likely item is ANYTHING about system failures. IM people know systems fail but won't admit it.})

My $.02

JimL

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Actually the frame is a bit larger too, sorry I wasn't clearer on that (my mistake). It isn't a large difference and it is not that noticeable unless you compare the two side by side and even then you have to look close.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts