Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 24/7 .45 shoots great, however, I'm shooting low and to the right. I thought I may be pulling it, but my buddy shot the same pattern when he tried it. Now, I don't mind the elevation issue as much as I do the windage issue, I can compensate for that. However, it gets a little tricky to try and compensate for windage every shot.

What I need to know is, how would I go about adjusting the sights to bring the shots to the center of the target. I'm assuming that either the front or the rear sight needs to be drifted, and that the allen screw needs to be loosened first. Have any of you guys had similar issues, and if so, how did you address them? Did you move the front, rear, or both sights?

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
On a PT111 that I had, one sight was set to the left and the other to the right, and did not match the bore of the gun at all. Due to other problems it got returned and exchanged. I would compare the alignment of the sights first, compared to the bore. Just my thoughts then you would know which way to adjust.

·
Registered
116 Posts
correct me if im wrong but I thought those sights couldn't be adjusted they are fixed sights not adjustible sights.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
If they somehow got put in the dovetail wrong, "off to one side or the other",or knocked to one side, you can move them carefully into alignment. Then re-loctite them screws, and your back in business.

·
Registered
202 Posts
So how do you adjust for the elevation????

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Two options I have heard, are buy adjustable sights, and change them out. Or if your real brave!!! Grind down the front sights. Not in my plans, but some might do it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Just shot my 24/7 .45 today for the first time. It also shoots a little low to the right. Will be adjusting the rear sights slightly.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Gotcha didn't think elevation was an option for the stock sights. Thanks. Will be sighting mine in once I get the piece back.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have a 24/7 9mm, and it is spot on. I know this doesn't help, I just wanted to gloat. ;D

·
Registered
241 Posts
shoot a few more times too rule out human error. My 24/7 pro 9mm, shot low and to the left when I first shot it, after some getting use to the sights, and shooting some more, this pistol is accurate- Very accurate.

·
Registered
82 Posts
My 24/7 Pro .45 was the same way. First 300 shots were pretty much down and to the left. Last 100 have been a little high, a little low, but right in the center.

These guns are accurate.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts