Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 24/7 Pro (.40) for about a month now. The first time at the range was more about just getting a feel for a gun as it was the first time I'd ever shot anything other than a .22 many years ago. I was using Remington UMC and found that my accuracy left something to be desired. I only hit the paper 8 out of 40 times using the first 60 shots to attempt to hit existing targets.

I brought the gun home (with my tail between my legs) and broke down the gun and gave it a thorough cleaning. My wife was busting my chops as she is more than a pretty good shot as her father owned an indoor range in the area. I decided to get some relatively cheap WWB and try it again. I read all the threads about the Heinie sights and thought I may have learned something. The first 50 or so shots were at old targets but I could tell that I hit the paper and was getting close to the center of some of them. Got to put up a new target with 40 shots left and low and behold, I hit the paper with all 40. Now of course that's not saying much but for a first time shooter, I was pretty happy. I was able to get the majority of the shots in the target with one dead bullseye. The wife still isn't impressed but I'll get better:)

·
Registered
41 Posts
I did not see how far the target is that you are shooting. Remember keep the target close and only move it back when you are hitting good groups. Good grouping at close range will improve your confidence. Enjoy the shooting ;D

·
Administrator
17,921 Posts
Glad you're doing better with your new 24/7!

Here's some Group Therapy!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Most of the shots were in the "too little trigger finger" and "tightening fingers" areas. I understand the tightening fingers part but what does "too little trigger finger" mean?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
It means you are using the very tip of the finger and in trying to not have it slide off the trigger you end up pushing on the gun via pushing on the trigger. you want to make sure you keep the trigger on the middle of the first pad of your pointer finger, the trigger should rest half way from the joint and the end of your finger, and remember to pull straight back on the trigger.

Just takes practice and eventually you end up with groups like this at 14 yards......................(thats 12 shots)

·
Registered
41 Posts
MPanova is that with your new sights or with the original ones. Either way that is gooood shooting! Yes I am jelous ;D, we only have 10 rounders here in California ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts