Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So not only am I new to this site, but new to the buy side of guns. I have been around alot of guns, (military friends and family) but never bought one. I was hoping someone could help me with a model number so I can shop for this gun.
I want a PT 24/7 Pro 9mm 4" barrel with 3 dot sight, it must have ribber grip with 17 +1 black prefer DA/SA. I found one on this site listed but it says its a SA/DA, does that make a big difference?
G T Distributors Product Detail

Im sorry if this is in the wrong spot I poked around and I may have missed the correct place to put it.
If any info is bad im sorry still getting the hang of the model numbers and wordings.

·
Premium Member
16,956 Posts
Welcome from the Rust Belt USA. The sa/da just says it will work in single or double action.

1.1 USA.gif

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought that SA/DA means that the first shot is single action and the rest are double? I also thought that the DA means you have a harder trigger pull then SA. Am I wrong on that info?

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Welcome from East Texas to the best gun forum ob the internet.

SA/DA or DA/SA are the same thing. SA is single action trigger pull which is how most 24/7 guns are carried with the safety on until you are ready to shoot. This will give you a short light trigger pull. DA is double action which is a longer heavier trigger pull when the bullet you just tried to fire didn't go bang. This is also how other striker fired guns work and usually are designated with DAO or Double Action Only.

The Gen 2 for the 24/7 series also has a decocker which lets you carry uncocked having a long heavy first pull and going to SA on the follow up shots.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well is it possible to have the gen 2 style, so its DA first shot then SA for follow up shots while still being the older ribber grip style guns.

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
I am not aware of any of the older ones that have the decocker option. I think they may have come out with a DAO version, but I am not certain of this. You could probably get a Hogue slip on grip to fit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am not aware of any of the older ones that have the decocker option. I think they may have come out with a DAO version, but I am not certain of this. You could probably get a Hogue slip on grip to fit.
Thanks, but I think I may just deal with the SA/DA style then, for me the gun I posted is perfect. Does anyone know of a great place to buy?

·
Registered
773 Posts
The 24/7 pro DS has the decocker. If u want one with a decocker make sure it is a DS model. DS stands for decocker safety.
personally I don't like the ribbed grips they don't hold up in the long run

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
personally I don't like the ribbed grips they don't hold up in the long run
I had one that was a airsoft gun and I beat the heck out of it and it still stays strong I even lost it in the woods when it was raining found it a week later covered in mud/dirt washed it out and still great, but thats airsoft.

By the way thank you guys so much for the help. Once I buy this gun I will be here alot more for nice advice.
ps does anyone have a model of a gun like I listed that is a DS?

·
Premium Member
15,932 Posts
Well unless your very lucky, you are NOT going to find one with the ribber grip, NIB. They stopped making them a bit ago. You can still find the 24/7 DS 9 mm 4 inch, but the latest version the 24/7 G2 is more readily available. DS is the decocker safety, that puts it in DA for the first shot.

·
Registered
36,026 Posts
Here ya go, G2 with ribber grip, 17+1 and SS slide.

The version listed in a G2, and does not have the ribber grips, they have not been available except in old stock for some time now.
Right--OOOO!
while the polymer grip looks a lot like the "Ribber" its a hard poly where the ribber was a hard poly underlayment but the ridges were actually flexible rubber or a very soft polymer.
Taurus discontinued these i understand because of problems with the rubber peeling or tearing away.
I have a 24/7 C Pro D/s with them and have not had a bit of problems so far, honestly though I liked the idea when i bought the gun, but after using both with the ribbers and without, i can't tell a bit of difference in actual feel or recoil.
the 9 MM below has the "Ribbers" the 45 Acp does not!
same look , a different feel.

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
Well is it possible to have the gen 2 style, so its DA first shot then SA for follow up shots while still being the older ribber grip style guns.
STAY away from ribber grips! The ribs fall apart VERY quickly... I have had the ribber grips on my 24/7 Pro and ended up taking the grips off, because all the ribs fell apart...

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Welcome to TaurusArmed.net!

I recommend that you check out Bud's Gun Shop, Larry's Pistol and Pawn, and Jet Guns, just to name a few.

·
Registered
205 Posts
the way i understand it is that you get one of 3 options,

1) rubber grips, DAO, almost guaranteed to be used,

or

2) no rubber, DA/SA, no decocker, (always single action, unless round fails to fire and you get a DA second chance)

or

3) no rubber, DA/SA, with decocker, (can be carried "cocked and locked" or decocked and safety on/off)

·
Registered
36,026 Posts
the way i understand it is that you get one of 3 options,

1) rubber grips, DAO, almost guaranteed to be used,

or

2) no rubber, DA/SA, no decocker, (always single action, unless round fails to fire and you get a DA second chance)

or

3) no rubber, DA/SA, with decocker, (can be carried "cocked and locked" or decocked and safety on/off)
IF we are talking about the original 24/7( not the g-2), then no thats not correct I don't think.
heres the general way the 24/7 goes!
First the only version that is DAO is the original 24/7 and the kalifornia model (CA), all others are SA/DA not DA/SA, in other words they operate in single action primary mode, not double action.
the G-2 is a DA/SA weapon.
24/7 double action only
24/7 Pro- single action/ double action (second strike ability)-all after the 24/7 wil have second strike ability.
24/7 Pro D/S- single action/ double action with the decocker- can be made as double acton first shot, all that have the decocker.
24/7 OSS D/S- single action /double action wiht decocker.
the 24/7 LS (long slide) comes in the pro and Pro D/s and are the same except for the longer barrel .
i think this is correct , if not chime in and correct it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts