Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help. Today I started to clean my 24/7 Pro 9mm. I removed the pin, and started to remove the slide. All of a sudden it's stuck. I've tried all of the suggestions in the book ... pull the trigger, push on the barrel, etc.

Any one out there that can help??????

·
Registered
11 Posts
Do you have a mag inserted?

Try to re-insert the pin and reassemble it. Get it functioning normally, then try to start over. Keep trying and pulling the trigger at different times.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had that problem at first also. If I pulled tge trigger right after I unlatched the slide it would stick. If I let the slide come all the way foreward than pull the trigger it comes off easy.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a pro c and found that after pulling the pin I hold the trigger back ,release the slide catch, (holding slide easy) then the firing mechanism goes,the slide comes part way off, then I release the trigger and slide comes off easy. Sounds goofy, but not as hard as it sounds and it works. I have had the recoil spring replaced twice and the firing pin spring once (Taurus says) but I still have a problem with the slide not closing completely (must push in about a 1/8 inch with thumb) This happens mostly (or always with JHP rounds) Feed ramp looks as if it was not fully "Chromed" left side of ramp. I haven't received any answer on this site about the problem (I wrote once)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine was stuck like this. I had to push the trigger forward and simultanioulsy pull the slide forward to get it unstuck. Hope this helps

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine just did the same thing and there is no...starting over...you cant rack it back or bring it forward to come off. I just got this gun today. I could also use some help guys PLEASE!

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Make sure the barrel is not stopping the slide

·
Registered
124 Posts
I did exactly the same thing today taking my PT-111 apart for the first time. Use a small screwdriver between the trigger and the grip. Push the trigger forward to it's original position. It's a little hard to do, but it will go. Once it's forward, rack the slide, and while holding it in the normal position, pull the trigger while moving the slide forward.

theneedhamwrath said:
Mine just did the same thing and there is no...starting over...you cant rack it back or bring it forward to come off. I just got this gun today. I could also use some help guys PLEASE!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Make sure when you pull the takedown pin out and return the slide to battery that you hold the trigger down until the slide is moving forward to remove it, otherwise it could become stuck... I just got done trying to replicate this problem and found that if you let go of the trigger before you pull the slide forward, I have to jerk the slide back just a hair, and then it will come forward again with a trigger pull.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I had the same issue and Taurus still has mine. I even took it to the gunsmith and he just suggested sending it to taurus....I hope you can fix it without the wait that some are having to deal with.... :'(

·
Registered
2 Posts
Riceboy891 said:
Mine was stuck like this. I had to push the trigger forward and simultanioulsy pull the slide forward to get it unstuck. Hope this helps
this WoRKED!!! woohoo...the problem is ...you need to let the slide to normal position without pulling the trigger after the pin is removed...THEN once you move the slide forward to normal position pull the trigger it will click like a dry fire then the slide will be released with ease. when you pull the trigger before you release the slide to normal position it gets hung up on the trigger. I hope i didnt make this sound confusing. THANK YOU SOOO MUCH RICE BOY...time to goto the range ;O) LoL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts