Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I'm reloading and slam the new mag in the slide releases itself and loads the round. Is this normal or a problem. Actually it does kind of speed things up. If I gently insert mags I have to use the slide release. So I do have a choice. The only thing I would change on this gun is putting on an ambi safty. I'm a lefty. I would prefer to use this gun as my carry. But I wont because of the time it takes to wipe the safty with my left hand, or put the right hand over?? I'm going to use my pt 145 mill pro for carry.

·
Registered
5 Posts
;D This is a normal occurance. When you slam the new mag home, you thrust the weapon slightly forward also. This rapid forward movement momentarilly moves the frame fwd a bit before the slide starts to move thus causing the slide lock to disengage. Upon being released, the slide moves forward chambering a new round.
This can be disconcerting at first but once you know what is happening and learn to do it on command it can greatly speed up your reloads. My Glock34 with its sharply raked grip is easy to do this with, unfortunately my duty weapon is a Sig226 and it is not so easy but I am getting to where I can do it on every reload. 8)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I've always been a wheel gun guy. These are my first auto loading pistols. I always went for the greater power and absolute reliability of wheelguns. But My Smith wore out and new ones have gotten so pricey. I decided to look into these "new fangeled things". Thats a joke!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Like I said it speeds up the reload time, by cutting down on one step. I just wasn't sure it was suposed to do it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My previous carry was a .357 Smith with a 4 inch barrel. I had a gunsmith go over the trigger. He fine tuned it very well. It had the best trigger ever. It didn't let me down when I needed it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts