Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for the guys who posted about my slight overreaction on the cosmetics of my gun. I got a decent nights sleep, before I hit the range today.

First off, what a nice day we had in eastern PA. It was perfect for shooting. First thing I did was field stripped my pro and gave it a good cleaning and lube. I noticed that one of the magazines was a bit on the tight side, but I am used to this from my PT145 mil-pro. I set 6 boxes of ammo, this is my report:

9-3-07
Taurus 24/7 Pro
50 230gr FMJ - CCI Blazer - no issues
50 230gr FMJ - Aquila - no issues
50 230gr FMJ - Remmington - FTF on 3rd round (153rd consecutive firing) w/tighter magazine. Then again with the looser magazine on the 18th round (168th round).
Solution-clean out the barrel and feed ramp (without disassembling gun) with a patch of hoppes 9. Following 25 rounds ran smoothly at rapid fire.
8 200gr JHP - Federal Premium - no issues (it was all I had to spare) - flawless

So after 308 rounds with only two hiccups. all I can say is DAMN! I LOVE THIS GUN!!!
No magazines dropped by themselves, no stovepipes, no premature lock-ups, no exploding guns ;D.

Sights were perfect for me. When I was on, my groupings were very tight. This gun shoots as well as my PT1911. It was a bit difficult at first because of the one dark sight (*read pet peeves), but after I adjusted my eye, she was true. BTW, this gun was shot 50% left handed (strong side) and 50% right handed. I drifted a bit to the right, but again adapted and she was true. The sight IMO are fine for this weapon.

The trigger was also really good. I don't now, It might just be me though. I'm so used to shooting Taurus guns now that every trigger I try gets better and better. The one on my 24/7 Pro is wonderful. The long pull did not seem as long as the one on my PT145 second gen. Once the first round went off she snapped right into single action mode without a hitch and kept firing until there was nothing left. I guess the majority of my ammo was good because I the gun never needed to go for the second strike. All the ammo went bang.

Even though I really wanted to go with the XD45 (and I still may one day), I feel that this is a gun that well suits me and I am very satisfied with my first outing with the 24/7. Along with the tac light, she makes for a good home defense weapon as well as a good carry. I can't wait to put the next 300 rounds through her.

Mike Panova, good to see that you are still around. How many rounds are you up to on your 24/7s? We need to shut the naysayers up ;)

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Welcome to the collective... We/I love ours/mine too ( I watched to much Star Trek as a kid.... Gotta love the BORG).

·
Registered
38 Posts
My 24/7 pro is why I sold my 228, XD-9 and FN HP. I really wish I had not sold my HP, but the point is I love my 24/7 pro 9mm. Bargain of century!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
E_Cartman said:
My 24/7 pro is why I sold my 228, XD-9 and FN HP. I really wish I had not sold my HP, but the point is I love my 24/7 pro 9mm. Bargain of century!
E_Cartman
If I may ask, How did your XD9 compare and contrast to your 27/7 9mm?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Gud day to everyone!

ive been in the firing range last sunday with my Taurus PT24/7 PRO .45 cal and Glock 22 .40 cal. Fired 120 rnds with my PT24/7 and 100 rnds with my g22. Both guns function well with no issues. fired excelent. but what i notice with my PT24/7, there was debris of the bullet shells in my magazine pouch. its like the shell was being scracth by the magazine. may i request someone especially with the taurus staff to give some info about it? thanks for a reply in advise.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts