Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, it's 3am and I'm going over the new gun. Things I've noticed (sorry I can't post, my camera gets blurry if I get in too tight) that erk me, but maybe shouldn't.

1. It appears that when both sights were inserted scrapes were left on the surface (around sight area).
2. There is a very, very small round knick at the very end of the gun as well as a 1 inch light, thin scrape on the crease (sharp line of the gun over the word PRO).
3. 1/2 in scratch on the left side of the raised part of the serrated lines, left of the red dot.
4. white dot in rear sight is crusty. thought it was dirt, used a light nylon brush to clean it. Something flicked out and now it is hard to see it.

All this without firing a single shot. Am I making a big deal over nothing? Should I just buy a jar of white model paint and fill in the hole using a 000 brush? I mean, should I really complain considering that I got it for $30 less than asking price? Should I have gotten the XD instead (blasphemy!)?

Funny thing is that my PT1911 is only 6 months old and it has wear marks of a 10 year old pistol, but it looks cool on the 1911. Also it has the dummy scratch from reinserting the slide catch. Again, no biggie.

going to bed now, good night guys.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Scratches like that just remind me that these guns are hand fited and thats something you dont see very offen on inexpensive pistols. I think it just proves once again that the low cost of Taurus guns does not translate into low quality.

·
Administrator
40,363 Posts
Your probably the only one that notices them. Besides, nicks dings and holster wear give a firearm individuality and character. :angel:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Great answers guys, maybe, there is something else.

Brownells: OXPHO-BLUE, Liquid gun blue # 082-024-004
They may have something better by now but this was great. 4 oz. inexpensive, follow instructions. Tantamonuts to wipe off after it dries. Use it on everything even tried it on my kids. ( Okay maybe I didn't do that but...).

Also, sleep doesn't hurt either. I know been there....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts