Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got straight 8 sights on my 24/7 pro ls. I've finally painted the white dots black and ignore them. It's the only way to not have the point of impact 6-8 inches low. They work great painted black. Any 3 dot versions available? Taurus was sending me some last november , still don't have them.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Welcome from Texas! I also called Taurus CS in 11/2012 to order the 2-dot rear sight for the PT145 to replace the straight 8 sights on it but I was told it's not in stock.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts

·
Registered
8,801 Posts
Williams Fiber Optic FireSights #70897 are Three Dot style. Pistol Fire Sight Sets by WILLIAMS Gun Sight Company, Inc.

Are these as pictured?? No dovetail?? Their site says 'fixed' sights, then shows 'dovetail' for the 70897. I have a PT24/7CA that has screw on sights, no dovetail - just a locator on sight bottom to match slot in slide, then screwed down. It's possible the 70268 may work, but believe they are smaller than those for PT24/7. I've lost the sights on this pistol twice and been waiting for sometime for Taurus to fill backorder.

·
Administrator
18,183 Posts
Are these as pictured?? No dovetail?? Their site says 'fixed' sights, then shows 'dovetail' for the 70897. I have a PT24/7CA that has screw on sights, no dovetail - just a locator on sight bottom to match slot in slide, then screwed down. It's possible the 70268 may work, but believe they are smaller than those for PT24/7. I've lost the sights on this pistol twice and been waiting for sometime for Taurus to fill backorder.
When in doubt, call Williams Gun Sight Co. and find out. Beats ordering the wrong thing. The sights pictured are not the #70897 model. I have them for my 24/7 and am considering getting them for my PT-111.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts