Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What can you tell me about this taurus critter? I havent seen anyone actually talk about this gun. To me it almost seems GLOCKish but better.

How good are they?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I have only seen a 24/7 long slide in 40cal. Black frame with a SS slide. I've tried to order one in 45cal or 9mm and was told they may not be available in those calibers. I do not know for sure, but with the 24/7 OSS coming out someday soon (we all hope) we may not see many or any Long slides in standard 24/7 pro's...?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought a PT 24/7 PRO LS (longslide) about a month ago. It is black frame, ss slide. Mine is in 9mm, came with 2 17 round mags. When I entered my serial number on the Taurus web site, it accepted it but also said there was no information on it. When I mentioned this to my gun dealer he tried to look it up, and could not even find in his books. He thought that maybe it was a gun sent to him by his distributor as a promotion. Love the look and feel of this gun. I am having some problems with it but I plan to have them all worked out, sure plan to keep it.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Bezoar said:
What can you tell me about this taurus critter? I havent seen anyone actually talk about this gun. To me it almost seems GLOCKish but better.

How good are they?
I got my .45 Aug 6. At least I think it's a long slide. It was on pegs behind another shorter .45 (both Pros, not Millenniums) and stuck out past the other one about an inch or so. The barrel measures 4 inches.

I'm not really impressed with the idea of having open space on either side of the front sight (in the rear notch), but in the few rounds I've shot on a rest it seems to group well.

With my short trigger finger I REALLY like the grip. (I've got a Hi-Point .45 that shoots well enough but it's like holding a fence post in my hand.) It's hard to believe it has double stack mags. (Glock! Look and learn!)

JimL

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Long slide is around a 5" barrel. I know what he means about looking Glockish, at first glance or from a distance. But Glocks and XD's have this odd blockish looking slide. If you ever site down either of them compare to a Taurus 24/7 you will see what I mean. Taurus 24/7 has a bit of style to the slide and doesn't look like a brick in your hand ;)

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I've seen them listed, but still haven't found one. Suppose to be in 9mm, 40 and 45cal.

·
Registered
663 Posts
DRAEGER said:
Long slide is around a 5" barrel.
Actually I never heard of Long Slide before. What on earth must be the barrel length of the one that's an inch shorter than my 4 inch.

(I assume the barrel length is from the rear of the chamber to the muzzle?)

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
JimL said:
Actually I never heard of Long Slide before. What on earth must be the barrel length of the one that's an inch shorter than my 4 inch.
As a GENERAL rule of thumb:

3.5" barrel or less = compact or sub-compact model

4-4.5" barrel = service model

Anything greater than 4.5", usually 5" = tactical or long slide model

So, if one is an inch shorter than your 4", it would be considered compact.
The one behind your .45 was probably the new 24/7 compact.

·
Registered
40 Posts
i own 24/7 pro .40 and a 9mm longslide...both stainless slides

longslide is very smooth shooting pistol. great looking gun too. have several thousand rounds thru it (WWB ammo)....again, very smooth shooting pistol. i believe the extra slide/barrel weight contribute to smoothness.

problem: mag fit. my mags work, and they are not malfunctioning...but they don't fit exactly flush with the base, like they do in all the product images taurus publishes. the gap is small, but it's not flush like the images.

also....longslide = great buy if you have a relationship with the gunshop you're buying from.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts