Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried the Fobus holster for the 24/7 Pro 9mm? It says it's the same holster for the Ruger P90 series and those guns just seemed a lot bigger to me. I had a P85 and remember it being bigger than this 24/7. I've also seen listings that say it fits only the .40 cal. Are the .40 cal frames bigger than the 9mm?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I believe someone on here awile back said they had one and it worked. I have the 45 and it says it wont work for that so I gave up looking for one and got a cheapo IWB that seems to work just fine

·
Registered
123 Posts
I thought I'd throw this out there for you folks to look at.

a good buddy of mine who has forgotten more about guns and carrying than I will probably ever know pointed me toward this holster. I did some research and it looks really good. Reviews are great.

The only catch is that there's like a 4 month waiting list to get one because they're a small custom shop.

He swears though that this is the last holster you'll ever buy. He said get the Summer Special 2. I've already called them. They have the 24/7 pattern.

http://www.miltsparks.com/

He also highly recommends these guys for a gun belt.

http://thewilderness.com/

reasonable price too. I'll be getting the instructor belt with the plastic insert for more support.

As soon I get a few higher priority expenses out of the way i'll be picking one of each of these up.

sorry, no experience in the fobus stuff.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have a 24/7 (not pro) in 45 ACP and it works great in the Fobus holsters for the Ruger P series. In fact it fits just as well as my P94. I really don't know why they omit the 45 in thier listings, but they do. I would think all of the 24/7 series would work just fine in that holster because the way it fits in and how it secures would be the same for all, even the longslides, etc.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've got a couple of friends who carry subcompacts and they swear by a holster known as "Smart Carry". It carries snugly against the crotch area and you cannot tell the person is carrying at all. I'm seriously considering getting one of these for my PT145. It also protects against perspiration. Take a look for yourself: http://www.smartcarry.com/index.htm

·
Registered
241 Posts
I recently ordered and received yesterday - a Fobus Paddle holster for my 24/7 pro 9mm.(RU97).

I fits very nicely. the only thing I don't like is that the indents inside the trigger guard area, rubs on the guns trigger guard, when you insert and remove from holster. other than that, it fits nice on the waist- and is quick on/off

·
Registered
876 Posts
sbninja said:
I recently ordered and received yesterday - a Fobus Paddle holster for my 24/7 pro 9mm.(RU97).

I fits very nicely. the only thing I don't like is that the indents inside the trigger guard area, rubs on the guns trigger guard, when you insert and remove from holster. other than that, it fits nice on the waist- and is quick on/off
Isn't that what holds the gun in the holster?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rotorhead said:
I have a 24/7 (not pro) in 45 ACP and it works great in the Fobus holsters for the Ruger P series. In fact it fits just as well as my P94. I really don't know why they omit the 45 in thier listings, but they do. I would think all of the 24/7 series would work just fine in that holster because the way it fits in and how it secures would be the same for all, even the longslides, etc.
Your 24/7 is blue or stainless? I heard that the Fobus holster damaged the slide finish.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Update:

The more I use the Fobus paddle holster, the I like it! My first dislike was the trigger gaurd getting 'rub' marks from the holster indents - I have come to see that this is not really an issue at all. Once you know how to use this holster - it is really a great holster.

Very comfortable to wear, It holds the gun very securely - But the gun is easily and quickly removed from the holster with the proper technique. Also the hoslter itself is easily removed from your waist.

To answer the above question, yes the indents in the trigger gaurd area, is what secure the gun in the holster.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I found that the Fobus holster for the Ruger P90 (pt#RU97) works for my 24/7 .45 just fine. I also thought the fit was a bit tight so I emailed Fobus about it. They recommended to warm the holsters trigger area with a hairdryer and then insert and remove the pistol several times, and then leave the pistol inserted while the holster cooled off. It worked perfect for me. I use mine for IDPA shoots with no problems. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
579 Posts
The RU 07 works well for the pro c in 9mm too

1 - 14 of 14 Posts