Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read a review of the 24/7 pro that stated it can be disassembled and configure for left hand use.

Is this referring to the mag release only? I am getting interested in the 24/7 Pro but would prefer the ambi deck/safety like on the OSS model. Perhaps in the future Taurus will offer that variant.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am actually more interested in being able to de-cock. I handled a used 24/7 once and I was able to swing my thumb over the back of the pistol to reach the lever.

But it would be much better if Taurus would offer the 24/7 Pro with the ambi type levers like on the OSS models.

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
I'm a lefty too, but I have become so used to manipulating the mag release with my index finger that it feels awkward when I actually use my thumb on a left handed/ambi setup. The ambi thumb safety, on the other hand, I find very useful and natural to use and as long as I have an extended slide release, I'm OK using my index finger. I guess it would screw up my rhythm to change now.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Sorry I would have responded sooner, but some how I missed this thread.. Sadly it is only the mag release that is swappable for lefties on the 24/7 Pro. The newer 24/7 OSS (when it comes out) is fully lefty compatible ;)

·
Registered
62 Posts
DRAEGER said:
Sorry I would have responded sooner, but some how I missed this thread.. Sadly it is only the mag release that is swappable for lefties on the 24/7 Pro. The newer 24/7 OSS (when it comes out) is fully lefty compatible ;)
So how do you swap the mag release? The instruction manual is useless.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I have never actually swapped mine, just read that it was reversible. I will have to check and see if I can find out if I am mistaken or if I can swap mine and let you know. Give me a day or two...

·
Registered
299 Posts
I'm also a lefty and it's kept me from buying several otherwise great guns. I understand the safety is an add-on, not at all necessary. However, I kinda like that extra safety factor. I am planning on getting the 24/7 OSS, and waiting to check out the 845 if it ever happens, because of the ambi safety/decock. SLOWLY, at least Taurus, anyway, understands there are a lot of lefties out here that want to buy guns designed for us.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts