Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
18,276 Posts
I think we can assume the the "DS" designation means Decocker Safety. It's a logical development.

·
Registered
67 Posts
:???: I'm trading my Beretta 9000S 40s&w for a 24/7 pro c 45 ASAP. I haven't been happy with the Beretta, I wanted a PT145 orginally, but got the 9000s. I handled a pro C 45 this past weekend and fell in love with it. I wondered what DS stood for? Double Stack???? Decocker safety makes sense though. Thanks!!! Does anyone have one? Are the feeding problems resolved? I've read of some magazine problems with the 24/7 45's?? I like the two different magazines it comes with. chas

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chas said:
:???: I'm trading my Beretta 9000S 40s&w for a 24/7 pro c 45 ASAP. I haven't been happy with the Beretta, I wanted a PT145 orginally, but got the 9000s. I handled a pro C 45 this past weekend and fell in love with it. I wondered what DS stood for? Double Stack???? Decocker safety makes sense though. Thanks!!! Does anyone have one? Are the feeding problems resolved? I've read of some magazine problems with the 24/7 45's?? I like the two different magazines it comes with. chas
What kind of a price are you looking at for your PRO C .45?

·
Registered
67 Posts
My reply is included in your quote. Sorry, I haven't figured this posting out completely yet. I haven't checked Bud's or Sportsman Warehouse yet. What price's are you seeing for the pro c ds 45?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Gholcomb said:
Has any one else seen the new manual for the 24/7 PRO DS? It looks like the 24/7 line is going to adopt the Decocker from the OSS line.

Have a look:

http://www.taurususa.com/pdf/pt247pro_ds.pdf

I already see evolution of the Decocker to my new 24/7 PRO C .45 that I just purchased.
Have you fired this new 24/7 Pro Compact 45 yet? I have the 24/7 Pro C in 9mm and in 40 S&W and have been waiting for the 45! I had a PT145 Pro compact (10-round mags) and it fired great except it did NOT ever want to feed the first round from either of the 2 magazines when 10 were in the mag. If I removed one round (leaving 9) they would always feed and fire and eject ok. When loading 10 rounds, the first would always nose-dive and not want to feed. Have they fixed this issue with better mags or better mag springs or angle of feed, or something? I hope so. And, are these new 24/7 Compact DS 45s readily available now?

·
Registered
11 Posts
The 24/7 Pro C DS 45 ACP is avail. My friends and I picked ours up at the Suncoast gun show about a month ago. Ran us $339 each.

·
Super Moderator
21,801 Posts
I paid $345 for stainless and it is everything that you would want I just let a sheriff shoot it and he carried the full size 24/7 as his personal weapon and loved it. He also shot my PT 1911 and was making head shots at 25 yards thats the next gun for him so he was pleased he's a lot better shot then I am thats for sure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts